21st century albums that have stood the test of time, so far...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New posters are all well and good, but it doesn't excuse them of general ignorance. I'm not saying everyone who comes into this sub forum needs to read every post from ever thread, but how do you click on this page on a regular basis and think everyone listens to one kind of music/get surprised when there are people who like hip hop here? There's a general hip hop discussion thread, could have sworn there was a kanye-specific thread as well. Half of cobbler's posts have something to do with hip hop. It's probably the single most popular genre of music (outside of electro psychedelic dream pop--note I took shoegaze out of my made up genre here) at this place, which I'd think was evident if new people actually read and discussed, rather than jumped in with useless tweet-like comments here and there. So I don't feel bad for piling on this guy at all. Hell, outside of Saul Williams and Run DMC, I don't even like hip hop.

New posters are all well and good, but it doesn't excuse them of general ignorance. I'm not saying everyone who comes into this sub forum needs to read every post from ever thread, but how do you click on this page on a regular basis and think everyone listens to one kind of music/get surprised when there are people who like hip hop here? There's a general hip hop discussion thread, could have sworn there was a kanye-specific thread as well. Half of cobbler's posts have something to do with hip hop. It's probably the single most popular genre of music (outside of electro psychedelic dream pop--note I took shoegaze out of my made up genre here) at this place, which I'd think was evident if new people actually read and discussed, rather than jumped in with useless tweet-like comments here and there. So I don't feel bad for piling on this guy at all. Hell, outside of Saul Williams and Run DMC, I don't even like hip hop.

Again, not defending his post. I didn't like it either. But I was as disturbed by the fact that people (including a mod) feel the need to pile on the guy. I think after 1 or 2 posts calling him out, everyone else could just move on.

I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine about this place, especially having been on the receiving end a few times over the last few years.

Again, not defending his post. I didn't like it either. But I was as disturbed by the fact that people (including a mod) feel the need to pile on the guy. I think after 1 or 2 posts calling him out, everyone else could just move on.

I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine about this place, especially having been on the receiving end a few times over the last few years.

He'd already made his position clear pages ago. Coming back in here just to toss another jab at other people's musical tastes is pretty much just trolling for an argument.

My comment was meant more to be a signal that mods are aware of this thread and that it's time to move on.

Wow, stfu

Thanks mikul for the words of support but I stand by my statement. I have never and will never give in to public pressure. I love to stir the pot and get a good discussion going!

You may call me brain dead for my comments about this be U2 Interference and not Kanye Interference. But hey, doesn't everyone agree it was a conversation starter?

Much more thought out than this juvenile response from Lancemc who perhaps because of excessive rap listening has now lost the creative thought process to retort back to me with something as unoriginal as STFU.

Having a bunch of people shout you down isn't exactly good conversation. Nothing of value followed it. I'm sure you're capable of starting perfectly good conversations without changing the tone of the thread. Just sayin :)

Thanks mikul for the words of support but I stand by my statement. I have never and will never give in to public pressure. I love to stir the pot and get a good discussion going!

You may call me brain dead for my comments about this be U2 Interference and not Kanye Interference. But hey, doesn't everyone agree it was a conversation starter?

Much more thought out than this juvenile response from Lancemc who perhaps because of excessive rap listening has now lost the creative thought process to retort back to me with something as unoriginal as STFU.

No problem. If I can offer any advice, it's that I would just drop the topic now. At this point, anything more that you add will only add fuel to the fire.

I don't know, guys I thought my response was pretty clever.

That's what I was going for anyway.

While stfu isn't a great response to your post, your response to him isn't exactly high brow stuff either. If you want to stir the pot and create discussion, that's great. Do it without insulting others.

You are posting this in Bang & Clatter, which is clearly billed as "General music discussion area!", a sub-forum of the Lemonade Stand, which is itself billed "Off-topic forum. Drop in, order a glass of lemonade and talk with other U2 fans about what you're reading, looking at, watching, or a hobby. There is a sub-forum for General music, sports, TV, and movies.". U2 is hardly ever discussed here, and rightly so, because there is an entire other section of forums and sub-forums devoted exclusively to U2, in which, if the discussion veers too far off of U2, contributors are encouraged to head on over to THIS sub-forum to discuss. This has been the accepted format of this forum since it's inception, and pretty much every forum I've ever seen has an off-topic section for general interest. So while it's admirable not to "bend to public pressure", you're going too far the other way and appear to be rather obnoxiously trying to change the accepted decorum/flavor of this sub-forum. We talk about rap music here sometimes, because a significant number of the U2 fans that contribute to this forum enjoy hip-hop/rap in one form or another. If that leaves a sour taste in your mouth or you simply can't reconcile the thought of a U2 fan liking rap music - or, a predominantly rap music fan liking U2! - you kinda have to sit it out man, honestly.

There is no conversation really to be started about it. The format of this sub-forum isn't going to change no matter if we spend a thousand threads conversing about whether this is U2 Interference or Kanye Interference. :der:

I realize that what Mount Temple said was not very smart but wow, this is another example of how you guys pile on people. I think the point was made within the first 3 responses. Again, I think Mount Temple made a bad error but move on. Other than this post he seems like a pretty nice guy just trying to fit in to a new community.

Wholeheartedly agree with mikal, in addition it does sometimes seem as if there's a 'boy's club' sort of environment going around which does negatively impact on what can be a pretty good place to talk music.

:up:

And my axe!

That Simpsons clip LemonMelon was great! Thanks. Even in cartoon form, Bill Cosby is as effective as ever. They also made sure he had on the appropriate "loud" cartoon sweater....nice touch.

Back
Top Bottom