2013 Albums Most Anticipated/Most Dreaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
I figure there's a 2013 concerts you're going to list thread already, we could have one of these. Those end of the year lists always wind up reminding people of more albums they forgot to check out than they actually did (except for LM since he listened to everything), and I know I'd like to have to play less catch-up.

I saw something somewhere on teh internetz about a forthcoming streetlight manifesto album. I will check that one out. Should be more of the same.

And it wouldn't be an IWB thread without some negativity, so on the "dreaded albums" side of things: the new Dropkick Murphys.

Keep your U2 anticipations in eykiw.

Local Natives. I really liked their debut and the new one comes out in January.

Anticipated -

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Depeche Mode
Arcade Fire
Pearl Jam
The National
and U2 of course

Should be a good year. Also have Nick Cave and Springsteen touring Australia.

I haven't seen anything suggesting The National has an album planned for 2013. I would love for it to happen, though.

I just think it's a pretty safe assumption.

High Violet was released in May 2010. I'd be shocked if it took them until 2014 to release a follow up.

question-everything-assume-nothing-77431530.jpg

Meh.

If The Nash doesn't release their next album sometime in 2013, I'll give everybody here 20 bucks.

Obviously my most anticipated is U2, but since I doubt that's gonna happen, let's get more realistic.

At the moment, my most anticipated album is the Charli XCX debut. God, that's going to be hot. I hope.

Unconfirmed, but I'm gonna speculate the hell out of most anticipated release: New Jesus and Mary Chain.

I haven't done enough research to find a most dreaded release of 2013, but I'll go ahead and say Arcade Fire LP4, because of the BoMac factor.

Anticipated:
- The Joy Formidable
- Voltaire Twins
- Sebadoh
- Austra
- Old Silver Key and whatever else Neige (and Fursy Teyssier) end up involved in, e.g. Fursy's electronic/triphop project.
- Popstrangers
- 65daysofstatic
- Cult of Luna
- Jimmy Eat World (perhaps a touch of dread too)
- So So Modern, if the sudden appearance of a new single is a harbinger of anything.
- Surely it's time for another God Is An Astronaut album?
- Aaaand like every year I hold out a forlorn hope that The Chills will finally finish and release Silver Bullets! Though if Martin Phillipps' live solo album comes out then that'll probably inexplicably push Silver Bullets back by another decade or so.

Curious about the forthcoming Beach Fossils, Toro Y Moi, and Mew albums, though I think "anticipated" would be overstating things for me.

Dreaded:
- Steven Wilson
- Blackfield
- U2, in the unlikely event they actually stop pissing around with Spiderman.

Back
Top Bottom