2013 Albums Most Anticipated/Most Dreaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most Anticipated:

U2
Arcade Fire
The National
Depeche Mode
The Joy Formidable
Atoms for Peace
My Bloody Valentine
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Nick Cave

Most Dreaded:

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Ra Ra Riot
Blackfield

Just curious, for those who put Steven Wilson's new solo album on most dreaded, why so? I didn't think Grace for Drowning was bad. "Index" was a particular highlight.

Most Dreaded: (snip)
Ra Ra Riot

I loved their first album, and their second was so disappointing. It wasn't bad, but it sounded like Vampire Weekend (which, okay, it was produced by someone from VW, but why did it sound just like VW? And I LIKE them!).

Not sure what to expect from the next one.

Back when I had like a million free downloads from eMusic (I hate that site now) I bought a Ra Ra Riot album. It was good, nothing to write home about, though.

I literally just listened to five seconds of Sun Kil Moon and my hype level for the new Mark Kozelek releases (of which there appear to be 2) just flew through the roof.

Just curious, for those who put Steven Wilson's new solo album on most dreaded, why so? I didn't think Grace for Drowning was bad. "Index" was a particular highlight.

For me, Grace for Drowning and Storm Corrosion represent a marked decline from his earlier work - I guess finally everything he touches has stopped turning to gold. I found it overblown, often tedious, and too much proggy/jazzy wankery drowning out his talent for songwriting. Grace for Drowning never should've been a double album. I did like some tracks, especially Deform to Form a Star, but for the first time ever, I have not hurried back to an SW release. The comparison on my last.fm between the stats for Grace for Drowning and Storm Corrosion and the stats for literally everything else featuring SW is stark.

Really, I just want him to stop dicking around and get back to Porcupine Tree.

Your schtick is getting mighty old. We get it.

do you look forward to not liking a record?

Don't your kids/job/family/friends/sleep/wife/wanking/great records eat up all the time you'd have to think about
records you may not like?

Don't your kids/job/family/friends/sleep/wife/wanking/great records eat up all the time you'd have to think about
records you may not like?

By that reasoning, why do you make time to complain about others not liking the same things you like? We all have different tastes, who cares? Like whatever the hell you want to like, stop giving a shit whether or not the rest of us here like it.

By that reasoning, why do you make time to complain about others not liking the same things you like? We all have different tastes, who cares? Like whatever the hell you want to like, stop giving a shit whether or not the rest of us here like it.

do you look forward to not liking records? Is looking forward to not liking something "taste"?

As I type this, I'm listening to "The Golden Age Of Rock And Roll", while nailing the wife, cranking out some spreadsheets, texting the auntie, and dreaming of the next U2 record.

Where's the space to think about albums I dread?

Schloopy-loops, are you reading the thread title wrong, or what's up? I don't know that anyone has said they're looking forward to dreading albums.

There's the next random thread title: listing the albums we're dreadful of.

Although I will say, VS, that the idea of dreading an album is rather odd. I think it was initially meant as a joke.

Back
Top Bottom