2013 Albums Most Anticipated/Most Dreaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yep. They released a five-song EP this year with a full album to follow in 2013. I reckon the EP's pretty good actually, exactly what you'd expect from Sebadoh; I especially enjoy "Keep the Boy Alive".

Yes.

Yes.

Not really though. The National seems to be on a longer hiatus and I'm therefore expecting a record in 2014, while Pearl Jam is going into their U2 phase as far as album productivity goes. All the band members have different stuff going on and while it is entirely possible we might see an album in late 2013, this was hardly confirmed. Announcing new recording sessions does not mean we'll see a record come out. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I'm dreading U2, Depeche Mode and Steven Wilson, Yo La Tengo has already proven to be a tremendous disappointment, while I'm hoping that Nick Cave, Queens of the Stone Age and Atoms for Peace do some good stuff.

Dear The National,

B&C thinks you need a new record. Please write one by the end of 2013, and fill it with all the awesomeness we've come to know and love.

Signed, the occupants of this thread.

Ummm...from what I hear Neil Finn's going to have a new album out sometime next year, it seems, so that one would be on my radar.

Oh yes, forgot to include this on my list. Though I'm hoping he'll pull a Time on Earth and realise it should be a full band album, even if that pushes things back a little. Though hopefully if that happens it'll be a better album than Time on Earth. :wink:

Lol people bitch that there isn't new U2, then say they are dreading the new release.

Which one of the people here are bitching there's no new U2 material? Plenty of good music to look forward too without that band y'know.

Dear The National,

Please DON'T release in album in 2013 so I can have $10.

Then release one January 1st, 2014.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, I just spent the last hour reading about the RECESSION, I got CONFUSED. $10 seemed more FISCALLY responsible :hmm:

Lol people bitch that there isn't new U2, then say they are dreading the new release.

I don't see the contradiction.

Given the band's recent output and some of the news over the last few years about who they're working with and what they're aiming for, it's fair to be nervous about how the next album will sound. At the same time, knowing the band has done lots of amazing work in the past, it's natural to hope for more music from them - especially since that would also lead to a tour.

I'd like U2 to put out more material, but I'll certainly be approaching it with some trepidation whenever the next album finally drops.

I used to love the dropkick murphys, yet after two crappy albums (well, one mediocre and the other entirely unlistenable), I'm most certainly dreading their upcoming release. I will be trying my best to avoid its existence, yet that clearly isn't working as well as I hoped since I've already checked out the two recent songs. The band that put out the run of albums from do or die through blackout is still one of my favorite bands, and that's giving them far more than most older fans are willing to give them. I even think the bulk of the warrior's code was decent. But I do despise the self parody they've become in the name of record sales.

Oh yes, forgot to include this on my list. Though I'm hoping he'll pull a Time on Earth and realise it should be a full band album, even if that pushes things back a little. Though hopefully if that happens it'll be a better album than Time on Earth. :wink:

Haha! Eh, well, I liked that album okay and all, but still, can't argue with your point :p. I was wondering about that, too, if he's just going to continue bouncing back and forth between band and solo efforts from here on out or if he's going to choose one or the other permanently. I personally am fine with him doing both.

If it is a solo thing, though, I wonder if it'll be more Try Whistling This or One Nil.

Placebo must be due for a new album next year too. Looking forward to that. Wish they'd tour Australia more. All they seem to do thesedays is the European festivals.

Twenty Years is, by a considerable margin, my favourite Placebo song.

Meant to include the prospect of a new Placebo album in my post.

Back
Top Bottom