2011 Grammy Awards Viewing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't see Katy Perry's outfit other than when she was singing a shitty song in her bedazzled bra on a swing.

Now I can see that aside from her bedazzled bra, she also wore a shower curtain. And feathered angel wings.

Aces.

I'm going to assume that's a blowjob joke instead of a violence joke, in which case I shall now say :lol:

:lol:

1. Upon first arriving at the picture, I realized Rihanna attempted to be sexy but failed miserably.

etc

I'll just stop you here.

Two options: either you are insanely jealous, or you need to see an optician.

I'm going to be kind and go for the latter.

Anybody else think Mick Jagger was really cool last night? Rolling Stones for the most part are a fucking joke at (well before) this point, but Mick did a great job.

To be honest, I can't stand him most of the time, but I thought he kinda rocked out there. Maybe it was the band behind him. :hmm:

Speaking of which, I mentioned this last night ie "no love for the guitar player"...the reason I said that was, I coulda SWORN that it was Raphael Saadiq (Tony Toni Tone)...but for fuck's sake they wouldn't put any light on him, and even when he was whaling away on the guitar they deliberately cut him out to show Mick on the right and the boring crowd all on the left.

Even my wife (we watched separately, she was working), says to me today when we were out at dinner "did you see who was playing guitar with Mick Jagger it was Raphael"..

So I'm devoting this long winded schpiel to the whoever the FUCK was running the cameras last night: You stupid stupid fucking imbeciles. Next time you are producing a number like that, realize that there are two stars and talented musicians up there, and give both their proper due. Honestly, that was just criminal...maybe the morons pushing the buttons confused him with the other nondescript members of the backing band. Either way, FAIL. Fucking FAIL, and I know there's a few Raphael fans here who must agree with me.

Btw reporter stroke girl? Didn't have a stroke, just royaly fucked up. Laugh away.

Ok, so I shall now resume LOL'ing

I didn't watch it
but, it sounds like someone put roofies in her drink.

Did-I-mention-the-roofies.jpg

I didn't see Katy Perry's outfit other than when she was singing a shitty song in her bedazzled bra on a swing.

My daughter said Katy Perry sucked. Quote/unquote. What do you say?

I'll just stop you here.

Two options: either you are insanely jealous, or you need to see an optician.

I'm going to be kind and go for the latter.

She holds a sexy standard from the neck down... but god whatever she did goin up...

She tried way too hard and ended up looking like an alien.

Gabe, I think Katy Perry sucks 90% of the time. That was a dull song and a dull performance, and her wedding home movies showing in the background were something no one wanted to see.

I didn't realize it was Raphael Saadiq with Jagger, either. But the person lighting that Skyler gal with Eminem failed miserably as well, as she was hidden in shadows every time she sang.

Gabe, I think Katy Perry sucks 90% of the time. That was a dull song and a dull performance, and her wedding home movies showing in the background were something no one wanted to see.

I didn't realize it was Raphael Saadiq with Jagger, either. But the person lighting that Skyler gal with Eminem failed miserably as well, as she was hidden in shadows every time she sang.

True, I mean what`s his face is a hideous grotesque being anyways. Thankfully they fuzzed him out a bit.

I hear you on the Skyler gal, and not to nitpick, but I KNOW you like Raphael..do you really think that`s an apples to apples comparison...like, who is she compared to him really...kindof no contest.

The worst part was they sold it before hand in the media outlets as a Mick Jagger - Raphael Saadiq duet in honor of Solomon Burke. So they freakin knew way ahead of time. I`m not trying to imply anything per se... but it really stinks.

Well, she wrote Rihanna's part of the Eminem song, a song that was huge this year (and in my opinion, is the only good thing in that song; I'm not an Eminem song), so I'd say well done, young lady!

She was obviously there to have a moment in the spotlight, and she didn't even get a flashlight.

Katy Perry is alright. Her voice has a slightly unique quality in her best singles when she stresses it and it breaks a little and has that raspy streak in it. Like that server who's been working at your fav restaurant bar way too long and has smoked too many cigarettes and done wayyy too much coke.

Dr. Luke could have given California Girls to any of the current crop of starlets with a similar hit, I think.

Really? Gabrielle Giffords? The Arizona Representative who was SHOT IN THE BRAIN by some nutjob a month ago, and is just learning how to talk again?

And I thought it was "too soon".

:doh:

We know who Gabrielle Giffords is...

The way you wrote that just doesn't make any sense.

:lol: I'd say something about irony or "the tables have turned" here, but I'm under the impression that I'm more amused by our interactions on the site tonight than you are.

But I got laz's joke.

Katy Perry is alright. Her voice has a slightly unique quality in her best singles when she stresses it and it breaks a little and has that raspy streak in it.

Most singers who have that, I like their voices. Hers ... I don't know. I guess I don't think she has that good of a voice, so the rasp doesn't enhance it.

Eh, that doesn't make sense. I don't think she has a very good voice. That oughta do it.

To say something nice about her (that isn't the thing about her cat being named Kitty Purry, which is still awesome), I do quite like the bar or two before the chorus of Firework.

Faint praise, but I was humming that shit all week. Just those few bars.

We know who Gabrielle Giffords is...

The way you wrote that just doesn't make any sense.

(YouTube clip with blonde-haired woman apparently unable to speak in complete sentences, mumbling gibberish)

Laz: "Gabrielle Giffords appears to be doing a good job reporting, all things considered."

(YouTube clip with blonde-haired woman apparently unable to speak in complete sentences, mumbling gibberish)

Laz: "Gabrielle Giffords appears to be doing a good job reporting, all things considered."

Ah, gotcha now. Never saw the first comment, so it was really confusing reading the second statement lol, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom