2011 Grammy Awards Viewing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuck yes!

Wow. So happy for them. Win couldn't contain his smile when they kicked into Ready To Start. Damn, that was a great moment.

Two years in a row the Grammys got it right for AOTY.

I'll have a drink for the underdogs. Fuck you, Lady Antebellum. Rock and roll.

us west coasters got spoiled, oh well

GaGa was better for me tonight, when did she start using female dancers?

as for Arcade Fire, I am sad, they are one legit rock band, that makes good music

it seems once anyone wins a grammy their music goes down hill fast

Has anyone ever won Album of the Year and not won another Grammy in their entire career before or after? This is pretty unprecedented...usually, the Album of the Year winner would at least win the smaller genre category for the same album, but I guess it was such a foregone conclusion for most voters, hence why they gave a lot of love to The Black Keys.

Oh wait, I thought they played Month of May? Did they do a second song?

They did Ready To Start immediately after accepting the award for AOTY.

It was awesome. They were visibly thrilled. You can tell it was a big moment for them. Damn. Great shit.

Yay for good rock and roll music.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Somewhere... some place... indie fans everywhere are shaking their heads.
:up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

I don't think anyone is going to stop listening to Arcade Fire for winning this award, but nice try. They're already a huge, huge band.

Glad they rolled out a different song for all the people going "Arcade WHO??? What was that noise?" :lol:

Has anyone ever won Album of the Year and not won another Grammy in their entire career before or after? This is pretty unprecedented...usually, the Album of the Year winner would at least win the smaller genre category for the same album, but I guess it was such a foregone conclusion for most voters, hence why they gave a lot of love to The Black Keys.

the grammys are littered with crappy, odd ball winners, odds are they get more wrong then right

I am hoping AF stays true to good music and not the pedestrian tastes that more typically tends to win awards.

I'm sure their next album will be a duets-with-a-dead-guy album to pull off an upset win over U2's nomination next year.

I don't think anyone is going to stop listening to Arcade Fire for winning this award, but nice try. They're already a huge, huge band.

Are you serious dude?

Arcade Fire is an indie rock band by genre. And used to be a true indie band. I never, ever, ever said that anyone is going to stop listening to Arcade Fire. Nor did I say they weren't huge.

I simply made an indie joke, of course which you didn't get. Lighten up.

Do you guys honestly think it was the best album of the year?

No, but it's nice to see the Grammys give the award to something that's middle-of-the-road and safe.

As much as I like a lot of the albums that have won in the past (Raising Sand, for instance), I don't think those were the best, either, and seemed like nice, safe little Grammy choices.

Of the nominated albums, it was my favorite. I love The Fame Monster, but it didn't seem like a full album to me, otherwise I'd have been rooting for that one.

My pick for best album of the year was Robyn's Body Talk.

But alas, she remains sadly neglected over shit like Katy Perry.

Back
Top Bottom