2011 Grammy Awards Viewing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THAT'S what Mick's here for? Aww.

So do they only do the deaths that occur in the Grammy calendar year or is Gerry Rafferty not significant enough for them? J/W

He sounds pretty great tonight. The last few things I've seen him do live were not so good, but he's having a fucking great time out there tonight.

After winning Song of the Year, I'm convinced that Lady Antebellum will win Album and Record of the Year. They're the old fogey, most conservative choice that nearly always wins this thing.

Also, I wanted to point out that Big Star actually won a Grammy. Best album notes...although you can't help but think Alex Chilton's death may have helped lead to this honor. LemonMelon must be stoked.

Also, I wanted to point out that Big Star actually won a Grammy. Best album notes...although you can't help but think Alex Chilton's death may have helped lead to this honor. LemonMelon must be stoked.

That, Neil winning his first, and the Academy creating an artist specifically to destroy Bieber makes this a wonderful night.

Buy that box set, bitches. It's got Big Star music on it, and apparently good liner notes.

Does anyone know why Cee Lo can qualify for a Grammy but Kanye can't...I mean timing-wise? Wasn't Kanye's album out first?

Fuck You came out in August, and the Ladykiller came out two weeks before MBDTF.

People always keeping the rappin' white man down. :tsk: Good job, Grammys.

Fuck.

wasn't there some tomfoolery with ATYCLB's release date so the album cycle of singles + LP covered both the 2002 and 2003 awards?

I will never not be able to think about Degrassi when I see or hear him. Sorry, Jimmy Drake.

Ah, it's finally starting on the west coast. Now I get to make the same comments that have already been made!

Did anyone else catch the Gaga interview on 60 Minutes? It kind of ruled.

It will be sad if Arcade Fire gives a rousing performance, only to lose Album of the Year to Lady Antebellum ninety seconds later.

Not that it's too big of a deal though. I didn't really dig The Suburbs much. It lacked the catchiness of the first two albums, feeling a little pompous, condescending and overlong. Although, a few of the tracks stand up with their best.

"Fuck You" was actually my favorite track of 2010, so fingers still crossed. It's rare that the Grammys can ever coincide with my favorite in a category from a given year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom