2011 Grammy Awards Viewing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I am still on a fucking high.

Arcade Fire is my favourite band and to see them win was awesome. I screamed so loud when I heard they won. I just can't believe it, because I was convinced that the Academy would give it to Eminem or something.

I was underwhelmed with Month of May, not the choice itself, but it seemed like there was something wrong with the mixing. I saw them live twice last year and Month of May sounded great both times.

It was great to see them close with Ready To Start, though.

I'm so happy. I love you all.

Wow didn't expect Arcade Fire to win, they're a kind of band that's usually nominated to make the list look good and then just get Best Alternative award. The Suburbs didn't do much for me but then I don't feel particularly strongly about any album in that category.

OK, I am still on a fucking high.

Arcade Fire is my favourite band and to see them win was awesome. I screamed so loud when I heard they won. I just can't believe it, because I was convinced that the Academy would give it to Eminem or something.

I was underwhelmed with Month of May, not the choice itself, but it seemed like there was something wrong with the mixing. I saw them live twice last year and Month of May sounded great both times.

It was great to see them close with Ready To Start, though.

I'm so happy. I love you all.

:hyper:

^ditto! Awesome end to the show with Ready to Start.. And yeah, Month of May seemed off somehow.

I don't know how its possible to lose best alternative album but win album of the year, but I love both albums so fuck it.

Black keys and arcade fire both bring home grammys... park slope just collectively "meh'd"

Perhaps they felt either of two things:

Black Keys better defined 'alternative'

They felt pity for the Black Keys (much in the sense of Taylor Swift winning female VMA, Beyonce winning best video, Kanye doing his preemptive stupidity)

Perhaps they felt either of two things:

Black Keys better defined 'alternative'

They felt pity for the Black Keys (much in the sense of Taylor Swift winning female VMA, Beyonce winning best video, Kanye doing his preemptive stupidity)

maybe

or perhaps marshall mathers and ladies gaga and antebelum split the vote, leaving room for our canadian bretheran to swoop in and steal the award, much in the same way that u2 and dylan split the vote in 2002... naaaaaah they probably felt pity for them :huh:

maybe

or perhaps marshall mathers and ladies gaga and antebelum split the vote, leaving room for our canadian bretheran to swoop in and steal the award, much in the same way that u2 and dylan split the vote in 2002... naaaaaah they probably felt pity for them :huh:

Relax, wasn't that serious about them feeling pity.

I dont know if I'm pointing out the obvious here

2659999_1.jpg

YouTube - The Muppet Show with guest Elton John

Nah I got that too...but I don't think Cee Lo's puppets were actually Muppets (unless they've changed drastically!)...from afar, they looked sortof like them but they weren't the actual Muppets.

But the message/nod/homage was there, for sure. :up:

Nah I got that too...but I don't think Cee Lo's puppets were actually Muppets (unless they've changed drastically!)...from afar, they looked sortof like them but they weren't the actual Muppets.

But the message/nod/homage was there, for sure. :up:

they were from jim henson's studio. his son gave them permission.

Pitchfork reports:

Kanye West Tweeted, #Arcade fire!!!!!!!!!! There is hope!!! I feel like we all won when something like this happens! FUCKING AWESOME!

Yeezy taught them.

I rather liked that B.o.B./Bruno/Janelle Monae performance last night, that was pretty fun.

It's a pleasant-enough, bland pop song.

The first I'd ever heard it was on the post-Super Bowl Glee episode, and it wasn't until tonight that I knew it was a Lady Antebellum song.

Wow, seriously?

Consider yourself lucky to have been sheltered, then, 'cause when I lived in South Dakota, as well as here in Iowa, the local top 40 (and country, too, of course, according to my mom who has to hear that stuff at work sometimes) stations played the freakin' hell out of that song nearly the whole of last year. Heck, they're still playing it in fairly heavy rotation.

That Twitter thing with "The Suburbs" is hilariously sad. Oh, man.

Scary story about the reporter, too, yikes. Hope she'll be all right.

Angela

Pitchfork reports:

Kanye West Tweeted, #Arcade fire!!!!!!!!!! There is hope!!! I feel like we all won when something like this happens! FUCKING AWESOME!

Yeezy taught them.

The band’s [Arcade Fire] success was so widely celebrated that even Kanye West, usually seen interrupting award shows to say who should have won, Tweeted that Arcade Fire’s victory gave him “hope” and that “I feel like we all won when something like this happens.

Pitchfork reports:

Yeezy taught them.
Dude's already got his acceptance speech prepped for next year's Grammys.

Back
Top Bottom