20 Years Since The Death Of Kurt Cobain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its strange, almost no one knew who Kurt Cobain was in September 1991, and in just 2 years and 7 months, he would leave the planet in this way.

I don't think I had heard of Nirvana or Cobain until Nevermind came out. I actually do remember the first time I heard it. It was recommended to me by one of the employees at Pagan Rhythms in Dallas, which I'm sure no longer exists. I knew it was going to be huge after one listen.

Wow, today is the day. 21 years ago, Kurt Cobain was found dead of a self inflicted gunshot wound. I was reading an article from Rolling Stone interviewing KC's daughter, Francis Bean. They were discussing a new documentary called Montage of Heck about KC. I know a lot has been said about KC and his legacy, but his music is still played on the radio. It's been joked that death is a (good) career move. KC's death always signaled to me the end of the grunge era in music. Say what you will, but it was a great time in music. I was 21 when he died. I had a closet full of flannels. (They were pretty comfy :wink:) Plus, I was full of angst myself. Like many, I wasn't surprised he took his own life. He had tried weeks earlier. It ain't easy being a rock star.

yeah, still am
the art still lives

I was driving in my car, heard it on the radio. Seemed like a waste, but one never knows how much pain one is in when they do something like that. So sometimes I kind find a sad happiness knowing that their pain has stopped.

Had flannel shirts before then, still got some. I tend to hang on to old clothes, try and do the same thing with friends.

yeah, still am
the art still lives

I was driving in my car, heard it on the radio. Seemed like a waste, but one never knows how much pain one is in when they do something like that. So sometimes I kind find a sad happiness knowing that their pain has stopped.

Had flannel shirts before then, still got some. I tend to hang on to old clothes, try and do the same thing with friends.

I agree. It was a waste, but if he was in such pain (be it mentally or physically) at least he put an end to his suffering. I had my flannels for a long time too. They were always popular. The grunge scene just made them trendy with the hipsters, who wouldn't have been caught dead (pardon the pun) in them five years earlier. His music lives on, plus his daughter looks like him.

I just finished watching a documentary on Netflix called Soaked in Bleach. The film focuses on the PI that Courtney Love hired to find Kurt when he had gone missing. I won't give any spoilers, but it certainly gives a new perspective (at least for me) on the circumstances surrounding Kurt's death.

I'm on the fence about wanting to watch that documentary. I'm still waiting to see Montage of Heck.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Husker Du did everything Nirvana did much better than Nirvana ever did it.

Shit, I guess I have to stop being a Nirvana fan then, thank you for enlightening me!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wouldn't want to listen to anything Hüsker Dü has done because of the band name alone.

Back
Top Bottom