20 year nostalgia trend , didn't happen this time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then i guess their is something in the comebacks of the other decades that i am not seeing this time. oh well. Either that, or i feel the the other comebacks were so powerful that they make this one look weaker. I have heard the darkness and i think they sound better then warrent/dokken/poison regardless if those bands did influence them. The doors movie was in 1991. Because of their music coming back in the 80's leading up to that. If anything, i'm wrong by a couple months going the other way. The use of "the end" apocalypse now in late 1979 got it started. Its noted that way in many history books. But its something i can't explain in words why i don't see the 80's in the same way everyone else does. So i'm not discussing it any further. If i do change my mind its certainly not going happen in a few days. I'm not be gonna like "oh well, i felt this way for a real long time but a few people told me on a message board that this was so and so, i better do a 180 overnight". So thats what i say to the people who say i;m not listening. However, i think the decades ranking is still interesting just to see what people feel. Next time, i'll start a thread on something i;m not sure about yet.

Yeah, who are these people with analyses and examples? Who do they think they are?

If you want to start a thread with a blatantly incorrect statement and not have dissenters more eloquent than you, that's your right! Like threads were meant for discussion or something? Bah!

Everyone get out.

I'm glad that you are far away then, because it was AWESOME.

"Sleepyhead" + odd trance remix of "Roxanne" = night of win.

glad?

house is great and all, and yes, i'd probably be the only person who would recognise/go off my fucking nut to Sleepyhead, but damn. sounds like a ripper night

glad?

house is great and all, and yes, i'd probably be the only person who would recognise/go off my fucking nut to Sleepyhead, but damn. sounds like a ripper night

The wouldn't in your response gave me a different impression, I guess.

Indeed.

Then i guess their is something in the comebacks of the other decades that i am not seeing this time. oh well. Either that, or i feel the the other comebacks were so powerful that they make this one look weaker. I have heard the darkness and i think they sound better then warrent/dokken/poison regardless if those bands did influence them. The doors movie was in 1991. Because of their music coming back in the 80's leading up to that. If anything, i'm wrong by a couple months going the other way. The use of "the end" apocalypse now in late 1979 got it started. Its noted that way in many history books. But its something i can't explain in words why i don't see the 80's in the same way everyone else does. So i'm not discussing it any further. If i do change my mind its certainly not going happen in a few days. I'm not be gonna like "oh well, i felt this way for a real long time but a few people told me on a message board that this was so and so, i better do a 180 overnight". So thats what i say to the people who say i;m not listening. However, i think the decades ranking is still interesting just to see what people feel. Next time, i'll start a thread on something i;m not sure about yet.

I'm interested in what history books you've been reading. :huh: History of Modern Pop Revivals?

The synth really has become more popular than any time in recent memory, it's ubiquitous at this point. You must be almost completely ignorant of the indie scene, because new-wave has completely integrated itself into most alternative music.
Absolutely correct.

Don't forget the whole post-punk thing that's had a strong base in indie rock and alternative rock this decade. Editors and White Lies are stiill out in the woods trying to find Ian Curtis' ghost.

chocolate rain would have been huge in the 80s :shrug:

The wouldn't in your response gave me a different impression, I guess.

Indeed.

oh.. i just meant that i really want to find a place like that. the closest we get to that level of awesomeness is a remix of bloc party's Banquet.

look at any book about the history of the doors.. It will mention "the end" being used in that movie that started the revival . Please. Never seen the famous cover of rolling stone mag of Jim Morrison from the early 80's? "he"s hot he's sexy he's dead" i believe was the caption. That was talking about the doors comeback.

i agree with that. I did rank the '00s worse then the 80's. Anyone i've repeated the rolling stone poll of the decade to has had alot of trouble coming up with a band. Cause they feel the decade was so uneven.

If you're simply going to go by the charts, I'd say there are a lot of decades that are equally bad.

Back
Top Bottom