The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This concert is OK, some good performances. But I am getting annoyed by the lack of attention Staten Island has gotten here. We had the most deaths in the city and the worse damage. Yes, New Jersey had it just as bad, but how come NJ is mentioned so much and not Staten Island? We received so much media attention when Sandy hit and now we are forgotten once again.

It may be because there are no major celebrities from here (Christina Aguilera was only born but not raised here, Ricky Schroeder isn't famous enough), but the lack of attention is appalling to me.

I'm sure it will come up soon. The people in between are bringing up certain areas. A bunch of acts still left.

I'm sure it will come up soon. The people in between are bringing up certain areas. A bunch of acts still left.

True, about 90 minutes left. But a few friends and I were talking about this on Facebook and we're getting suspicious. Or maybe we're just being typical Islanders. :)

Jeff Buckley was turning over in his grave,

I don't know what to make of Sandler's performance. On one hand, it was hysterical (especially his dig at A-Rod), but at the same time that's such a great, beautiful song and he butchered it.

I didn't realize it was airing live on many channels; the first one I ran across on my channel guide was one of the HBO channels starting at 7:30 on the west coast. :lol:

Is there anything worth watching after Springsteen? I'd rather just watch him for four hours, to be honest.

I'm DVRing it. I might just go do something else and then catch highlights later. I'm sure I'll just want to fast-forward through a lot of it.

It may be because there are no major celebrities from here (Christina Aguilera was only born but not raised here, Ricky Schroeder isn't famous enough), but the lack of attention is appalling to me.

Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin to fuck with.

Is the color on my TV off or did Daltrey have the tanning bed set on tomato red?

The Who certainly sounded better than at the Super Bowl. Though most people don't sound as good at the Super Bowl.

Maybe Bono will parachute down on the Spider-man wires.

Speaking of which, I laughed when I saw Kanye's name on the "appearing tonight" list.

Kanye + hurricane benefit = {insert your own answer here}

I didn't realize it was airing live on many channels; the first one I ran across on my channel guide was one of the HBO channels starting at 7:30 on the west coast. :lol:

Is there anything worth watching after Springsteen? I'd rather just watch him for four hours, to be honest.

I'm DVRing it. I might just go do something else and then catch highlights later. I'm sure I'll just want to fast-forward through a lot of it.

Sure, Roger Waters was awesome. Eddie joined him for his last song. Bon Jovi actually kicked some ass and Bruce joined him for a song. Plenty of good stuff.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin to fuck with.

At the Eddie Vedder election show I kept hearing a low voice behind me going, not too loud but loud enough, "Wu-Tang in the house." Finally I turned around and wtf I think Wu -Tang was in the house. In NM.

I can't wait for the complete performance of Gustav Holst's The Planets suite.

Back
Top Bottom