The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ticket prices are over the roof. The lineup, however, is beyond amazing.

I heard they're also going to stream it through TV and online sources, might have to look up links and stuff.

Tickets cost what, a kidney, lobe of your liver, first born child, a couple pints of blood, and $325.62, right?

I go over $100 for a ticket for only one band (and even then its got to be special), but I will be watching it on TV!

Should be an awesome show! I'm secretly hoping that at least one member of U2 shows up as a surprise guest. How could one or all of our boys not represent, especially Bono? This show is kind of a big deal. Stuff like this is right up U2's alley. They should be there!

Should be an awesome show! I'm secretly hoping that at least one member of U2 shows up as a surprise guest. How could one or all of our boys not represent, especially Bono? This show is kind of a big deal. Stuff like this is right up U2's alley. They should be there!

True, they're not usually ones to pass up a publicity stunt.

I slightly hope there's a surprise appearance from Bono, or U2, in general. I think they already announced all of the acts.

Either way, I cannot wait to watch this tomorrow. Gonna crank out Palladia or watch it online. Good way to spend a Wednesday night.

I slightly hope there's a surprise appearance from Bono, or U2, in general. I think they already announced all of the acts.

Either way, I cannot wait to watch this tomorrow. Gonna crank out Palladia or watch it online. Good way to spend a Wednesday night.

hoping for the same myself. *crossesfingers*

I will be watching on Palladia too. :up:

Production organizers on Twitter (@121212Concert) said that there are MORE surprises in store for the concert tomorrow, in addition to the lineup. :hyper:

Oh, and Bruce Springsteen is opening the show. :hyper:

Okay, I wasn't going to say it - because I appreciate all of those showing up - but I am going to say it since nobody else has.

It all seems a bit Jann Wenner'ish to me...even though AFAIK, he's not involved.
A bit too much 'good ol' boys club'. Maybe they can diversify the lineup a little bit instead of having all these old 60's and 70's rockers. They need to try to light up social media with the event, get some younger people on the bill, after all - the point is to raise money for Sandy victims, not have another geriatric rock and roll convention. See: Live 8 for the model to get proper media attention.

One woman and two people of color and they got two in one with Alicia Keys.
Literally half the lineup were making music when Nixon was in office.
Generation X and Y are criminally underrepresented.
And I am not a huge fan of country, but there are zero country acts as well.
Country music listeners actually watch this kind of stuff and they actually donate money.

Meanwhile we get the same old farts, as great as most of them are, all the time.
While Gen X gets a frontman from one great Gen X band and a drummer for another great Gen X band - only I am sure he'll be out there 'singing' this time around. And Gen Y gets - not Coldplay - but Chris Martin by himself. And that's basically it for the rock acts?

If the idea is to get as many eyeballs on this event as possible they shouldn't be above getting Rihanna and Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, etc. And maybe they tried for all I know but I doubt it.

The bill, as is, is good enough to get almost all of us interested.
They just need to improve it - diversify it - a little bit. That's all.

You certainly bring forth some interesting ideas. Yes, there's a lot of old farts, but there's a lot of baby boomers out there and they have deep pockets. Just ask Sir Paul, the Stones, the Boss, Billy Joel, the Who and Roger Waters. Lots of boomers pay big bucks to see their shows.

The perfect event to play "Walk On" and "Angel of Harlem"!

Anyway, will be fun to watch this on a Wednesday night. If you're in New York you can find little free posters around some of the newspaper things.

Wonder what the Stones will play. And I bet there will be surprise appearances...this is apparently reaching more people around the world than any other concert.

You certainly bring forth some interesting ideas. Yes, there's a lot of old farts, but there's a lot of baby boomers out there and they have deep pockets. Just ask Sir Paul, the Stones, the Boss, Billy Joel, the Who and Roger Waters. Lots of boomers pay big bucks to see their shows.

I mean, this is kind of a duh.

I had had more to say, but I was posting on my phone. But yeah, I agree with you 100%, the deep pockets of the baby boomers are the target audience here. Hype's fun and all, but what 20-something has the money to really help with the relief fund?

I think it appeals to 20 somethings anyway. Besides Alicia Keys/Chris Martin/Dave Grohl/Kanye West, The Beatles are popular with every age therefore Paul is larger than life. Bon Jovi and the Rolling Stones have also managed to create fans who weren't alive when they started, like me. Springsteen may be as well, certainly in this area.

Plus i'm sure there will be plenty of surprise guests. I wouldn't be shocked to see Lady Gaga whose in town for the Rolling Stones concert & lives here, Jay Z who is always around, maybe Bono/Edge. And I wonder if they'll do that thing where other well known people (actors, athletes, whoever) come out to introduce acts or videos, which they usually do.

Roger Waters let out a spoiler on Jimmy Fallon:

Eddie Vedder is going to sing Comfortably Numb with Roger Waters.

Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom