The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe being burnt out on/avoiding Billy Joel for so long has made me appreciate this performance more than I might have otherwise. You cannot have a concert like this without him there, and, frankly, his voice sounds great. Cannot pretend like I'm not enjoying the shit out of this.

It seems that Billy has spent a little too much time at mama leonne's

:lol:

His voice has held up really well and I agree with NSW that it was a pretty great performance, though I've never been a huge fan. The audience sure as hell loved it.

Maybe Billy Joel tried to take a bite out of Roger Daltrey and that was the reason for all the marks on his chest :wink:

Hopefully it wasn't some sort of surgery he had to have, don't know what was going on there. Hi def really magnified it.

I almost made a knife crime joke, too!

I didn't even notice this thing you're all talking about. I was fixated on how unnaturally red he was.

edit: Ok, I just read that he swallowed a rusty nail when he was 3 and had to have it surgically removed leaving a huge scar. :ohmy: Why is it just being noticed now? We've seen Daltrey shirtless since forever.

I almost made a knife crime joke, too!

I didn't even notice this thing you're all talking about. I was fixated on how unnaturally red he was.

edit: Ok, I just read that he swallowed a rusty nail when he was 3 and had to have it surgically removed leaving a huge scar. :ohmy: Why is it just being noticed now? We've seen Daltrey shirtless since forever.

Well if that was the case then maybe with all his sun worshipping (recent trip out in the sun?) it just made it more noticable.. it was reddish.

Roger in 2009. You can see the scar. He had several visible scars other than that one last night, it almost looked like the tanning inflamed them.

roger-daltrey-fat-and-shirtless.jpg

Let's hopy the highlights hit YouTube soon as the 121212 website does not seem to have any video content (anymore).

Yes, I slept through all of it as it is a regular working day for me now.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the same, too, 'cause it sounds like I missed out on some pretty entertaining stuff (wound up not working yesterday 'cause I didn't feel too great, so I slept most of the night and missed this, too).

Also, add me to the list of people who like Billy Joel's music. Sounds like he put on a great performance at this thing, so yay.

Yeah, I hit about 27 hours of being awake at 4 pm and my eyes usually start to feel like they're melting out of my skull around then, so I went to bed and missed it.

McCartney did Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five!!!!

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG!

Ha ha, the one thing I managed to not hear about while everyone else was watching. Yay!

Also, this thing is soooooo long. I feel like it's never going to be over. And I don't think my DVR got all of it (although he's doing his solo set now, and I think it's still got an hour left so maybe I have it all).

Okay I have to give props to Macca for that collab. Pretty damn cool.

Shame about Pat Smear looking like Fat Val Kilmer with a dye job, though.

I still think him not trying Negative Creep was such a missed opportunity.

Even Thurston Moore agrees with me. :wink:

I watched that performance again tonight and, I have to say, I just like the song a lot, even putting aside the coolness factor of the collaboration itself. Especially the last 1:30 or so. As someone said last night, good to see Grohl doing what he does best and Macca standing there and fronting them was fucking bad-ass.

Amen.

Macca + Grohl/Novaselic was the highlight of the night for me, along with Vedder on Comfortably Numb. I guess you can tell what generation I am from.

And yes, Pat Smear has always been mega creepy.

True. I just had to focus on the music which was beautiful.

I actually thought the other vocalist was shouting during Us and Them and on re-watching realized, of course, it was Waters.

Back
Top Bottom