Wow...this is an amazing performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to say:

Bono wrote a note to the Dali lama saying that he didn't not want to do the event and wrote, we are one but we're not the same.

on this:
it says he's stayed faithful to his marriage. and he has. it's tremendously admirable. but it doesn't get into the specifics of sexual fidelity -- in fact, in the above, he says, "it's not about sexual infidelity" -- and there's ample evidence in "New York" and, i think, "WOWY" to show that bono has wandered off a bit. but what is important, and is a testament to their marriage, is that he's always come back. but this is a mistake to view this as evidence that Bono has never had an extramarital affair, when his lyrics seem to say otherwise.

my view on the above:
He has had more than many an opportunity to be unfaithful. I am sure he has been lured, tempted, and teased into it, but his undying faith, marraige vows and unconditional love for his wife sent him back. His songs are based on his thoughts of cheating, his thoughts on being with another woman, the woman that have propbably chased him over the years. The turn ons hes gotten from a few infront and behind the stage. In the new book he states that if anyone has any sexual encounters with fans, groupies etc. they are fired!

and:
There aren't types of Christians there is on type the one that believes in the almighty.

Bono states in his speech at Willow Creek with Bill Hybles:
The 10 commandments are not advice. They are a command. Period.

U2isthebest said:
I've also read that those close to him, he does witness about Jesus to try and get them to convert to Christianity (once again, likely in a similar matter like in the examples above) I know of one example for sure: Liam Gallagher from Oasis said he's tired of 'Bono trying to convert him to Christianity b/c according to Liam "I'm my own god" God Bless!!

Are you sure this quote is from Liam, and not Noel? Because I've read on multiple occasions that Liam goes to Church every week

Yes, the quote is from Liam. He also said in the article he does go to church, but he still thinks he's more his own god, and doesn't think it's a big deal. If I find the article I'll post it! God Bless!!

Currently Listening: "Tiny Dancer"/Elton John

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

What I read was a poster admiring attributes of Bono and Irvine consistently contesting it because he surely knows better.

Can U2 the men, be interprepeted in as many multiple ways as their music? Yes.

Irivine assumed Bono wasn't "your type of Christian" because he smoke and drank etc..." which is just yet another stereotype being pushed onto Christians.

You do not know or understand Christianity, except for all of it's shortcomings, so please, allow us to enjoy an association with U2 that is extremely uplifting, joyful, and precious to us all.

Please give us some space to rejoice and celebrate Bono's words and actions.

MadelynIris said:
What I read was a poster admiring attributes of Bono and Irvine consistently contesting it because he surely knows better.

Irivine assumed Bono wasn't "your type of Christian" because he smoke and drank etc..." which is just yet another stereotype being pushed onto Christians.

You do not know or understand Christianity, except for all of it's shortcomings, so please, allow us to enjoy an association with U2 that is extremely uplifting, joyful, and precious to us all.

That was beautifully put madelyniris. My name is Brittany, btw. God Bless!!

Currently Listening: Unreleased Bootlegs/Madonna
Song: "Like A Flower"

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

MadelynIris said:

And I think you are missing Irvine's point. Can they be interpreted in many ways? Absolutely.

But as you can see when you try and force them into a box it doesn't work. Such as U2isthebest assumption they never did anything for gay rights, because that was her box of Christianity. And she was wrong.

But yes please enjoy his words, just don't abuse them.

What I meant is that they love and support the gay community as do many strong churches and pastors now, (How else could we reach out to them?), however, they have never passionately gone out and fought for gay rights and causes, as they do in other areas i.e AIDS, poverty, etc. God Bless!!

Currently Watching: "The Phantom of the Opera"

"What no man can own...No man can take.

sometimes you gotta be careful what you do and say in the public eye. bono himself has said that sometimes he chooses not to speak out on certain issues (i.e. iraq war) because he doesn't want to divide people from his cause.

rather than try to promote some sort of political agenda, he remains focused on poverty. regardless of where one falls on the political spectrum, that is something we can all agree on i think.

and i think that's probably why he is more focused on eliminating poverty than anything else.

U2isthebest said:
What I meant is that they love and support the gay community as do many strong churches and pastors now, (How else could we reach out to them?), however, they have never passionately gone out and fought for gay rights and causes, as they do in other areas i.e AIDS, poverty, etc. God Bless!!

Well there's a lot of things they don't fight for as much as AIDS and poverty. That doesn't really mean much. They've made their point obvious.

Back
Top Bottom