Worried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I just don't know where to turn. I thought some of you good people could help me. My Mom fell and broke her leg, but because she's on blood thinning medicine for a heart condition, she's bleeding and they can't operate on her fracture. They're having a hard time stopping it. Would you please say a prayer for her? I'm trying to and I hope I'm doing it right.

Thanks Martha :hug: I'm still waiting to hear (she's out of town :( ) She broke her femur near her hip joint. I'm so scared because of them having to operate while she's bleeding, and her heart is bad.

Thanks Verte :hug: I just found out they can't operate now so she has to lay there in pain until Sunday and not move. They're giving her morphine which I think is not good. It's going to be real hard on her.

I hope your arthritis is feeling better Verte.

I agree with martha you are doing it right.

My mom and I have a saying that we are "sending blue light" when someone is having a hard time so I will definately send some to you and your mom.

U2Kitten said:
Thanks Verte :hug: I just found out they can't operate now so she has to lay there in pain until Sunday and not move. They're giving her morphine which I think is not good. It's going to be real hard on her.

I hope your arthritis is feeling better Verte.

Oh no--morphine??:( :(
I actually don't have such a bad case of arthritis. I'm doing water therapy, which is actually pretty fun, and doing t'ai chi moves as well. Gotta move those joints! I don't think I'm in any danger of having to have surgery as long as I behave. Thanks!:hug: :hug:

Morphine can be a wonderful thing when one is in extreme pain. I had a morphine drip after surgery once. It's very regulated, and the second the docs think you're done with it, they take it away. It will relieve her pain.

Oh, OK, thanks for the explanation Martha. "Morphine" is a loaded word since it's such a heavy duty pain killer. I've had Demerol myself, however, and that's almost as strong a pain-killing opiate as morphine is. I had to have all four of my wisdom teeth cut out of the bone two weeks before my sixteenth birthday. That's the worst pain I've ever had. I screamed for two days. It was hell! I lived to tell about it.

:hug: Thanks everybody :hug:

She got her operation yesterday and she did fine, but it's going to take a lot of time. She's got nails and screws in her leg. We told her she would be out for the season but might make it back in time for the Super Bowl ;) She's made lots of "I've fallen and I can't get up" jokes. She said she told the ambulance guy that. BTW, she is 70 years old.

Back
Top Bottom