Where to go to hear the WORD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Along the lines of a few replies in Ali Rose's baptism post, and since we are such a global community here, I thought it might be great to list some of our wonderful, spirit-filled, Truth-telling churches where those who are traveling or are truly seeking, so we/they could go to hear God's word. I'll start. I'm in Dallas, which has a good church on every corner it seems, but some standouts:
  • Prestonwood Baptist in Plano: One of the mega-churches and for good reason. Yes, they're "Baptist" but they don't tout it. It's a wonderful spirit filled church with something for everone. It's HUGE, 13,000 members! Jack Graham the pastor is also the head of the Southern Baptist Association and has a daily Bible sermon on the radio.
  • Hillcrest Church in Dallas: my current home church. Wonderful loving people, great new young pastor, whose messages are powerful and moving.
  • Fellowship Church in Irving: amazing, joyful, multi-media and music rich church. Lots of young people & activities. Ed Young, the pastor, is a dynamo and super funny. Ed also has a daily radio program.
  • Bent Tree Bible Church in Plano: pastored by Pete Briscoe, the son of my former church (Stuart Briscoe of Elmbrook) in Wisconsin. Lots of young people, lots of activities, awesome messages!
  • Stonebriar Church in Frisco: the wonderful Chuck Swindoll's new church. Always a standout message, and just going to hear Chuck is a joy! He has also had a daily radio program for years.

I simply thank God that I live in a city that has so many wonderful churches to attend! :heart: Anyone else?

CrossRoads Of Arlington, Texas. very small church, but has what I think is the right focus - bringing people into the kingdom of God (leading people to salvation in Christ), instead of focusing on number of members.
www.crossroadsofarlington.org

I'm LDS and just go to my local ward, all of our church services are pretty much the same at whatever ward/church building you go to though.

Back
Top Bottom