urgent question: age of Christ when he died?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't it 33?

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
No one knows for absolutely certain, but tradition tells us 33.

Well, that's what I meant.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Foray:

I don't have the information in front of me, but we had a speaker at church last week, Dr. Charles Page from the Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies, and he says that evidence points to Him being closer to 37-39 when He was crucified. This is because His birth was not broadly and/or properly documented when it occurred, and may have occurred approximately 5 years prior to the beginning of what we now call "Year of Our Lord" (A.D.).

From what I can tell, this does not necessarily dispute anything in the Bible, as it is not specifically addressed (from what I could tell in a quick search).

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 04-15-2002).]

Originally posted by melon:
Well, that's what I meant.

Melon

Just being picky.
wink.gif
Gotta love semantics.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info, guys.

Am I right in saying that traditionally, Christ was born on 25th Dec 0000 and died in circa April 0033? This is for an art work, artistic license allowed..

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

Originally posted by foray:
Thanks for the info, guys.

Am I right in saying that traditionally, Christ was born on 25th Dec 0000 and died in circa April 0033? This is for an art work, artistic license allowed..

foray

Traditionally that sounds about right. Although from what I understand to be fact, those are quite far from the truth, but that's not really the discussion.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Back
Top Bottom