U2 mentioned in Philip Yancey's new book on prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish! What is it called? I'm reading "What's So Amazing About Grace" right now, and it's one of the best books I've ever read. It is so true, and a wake-up call to every Believer. I know Bono loves this book, I believe he counts it among his favorites as it should be for anyone who calls him or her self a Christian. Have you read this one? God Bless! My name is Brittany and I'm 18, btw!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

Can someone give me the title? Jcoster have you read "What's So Amazing About Grace?" It's my fav. book next to The Bible. Btw, I'm assuming you're a Believer? JW. God Bless!

I believe the name of the book is called Prayer: Does It Do Any Good or something like that. I don't have it with me right now.

I have read What's So Amazing About Grace and it was a very life-altering book. I was lead to it by reading the quote where Noel Gallagher said that Bono had sent him that and Reaching Out To The Invisible God also by Yancey. Its also an amazing book.

I'm going to start reading all of Yancey's books. I have to go pick up one from my college library, it's called "Rumors of Another World" or something along those lines. I read the intro. online, and I was amazed. I would suggest "The Jesus I Never Knew", also. Btw, did Noel Gallagher say that "ROTIG" was the other book? Most accounts I've read he said he didn't remember the title of the other one. I love the way, Bono tells him about the Salvation messsage "Go to God, tell him what all your flaws are, and say 'Can You work with me?" It's such a simple and non-threatening way of preaching the Gospel. I was reading Catherine Falsani's book "The Spiritual Lives of Public People" (There's a review on the Interference Homepage) and her chapter on Bono was amazing. I'm going to get it on Monday, and I'll send you some of the quotes. Do you have a regular e-mail address, b/c I'm not a premium member, so I can't use private messages. God Bless!!

U2isthebest said:
Can someone give me the title? Jcoster have you read "What's So Amazing About Grace?" It's my fav. book next to The Bible. Btw, I'm assuming you're a Believer? JW. God Bless!

Hi, One believer here! :wave:

Yay!! It's nice to meet you! I'm Brittany, 18, btw! Nice to meet you! I'm so jealous. How was meeting U2 ?? God Bless!

I have read many books Bono has mentioned throughout his career. He is very well read with fabulous literary taste, and I have enjoyed everything he has recommended.

I got the new Philp Yancey book today. I LOVE it! It's yet another amazing book from one of the best Christian authors today. I'm in awe of how simple he makes things and how he always does it w/an attitude of grace. God Bless!!

U2isthebest said:
Btw, did Noel Gallagher say that "ROTIG" was the other book? Most accounts I've read he said he didn't remember the title of the other one.

Its been a number of years since I read that quote and I believe what he said was that he had received What's So Amazing About Grace and then he tried to remember the name of the other book and said a very close but slightly different idea of what he thought the title was. From what he had said, I guessed he must have been talking about "Reaching" but I could be wrong. I don't think I'd ever be able to find that original quote again but I know it involved the word "summat" which in British slang apparently means "something." It confused me because I had never heard that word before.

ahh...I think I remember reading that quote too now that u mention it. LOL. I love Philip Yancey's books! God Bless!

U2isthebest said:
I got the new Philp Yancey book today. I LOVE it! It's yet another amazing book from one of the best Christian authors today. I'm in awe of how simple he makes things and how he always does it w/an attitude of grace. God Bless!!

I didn't start it yet but as soon as I am done with Dorian Grey thats my next one. I just bought Call me the Breeze by Philip McCabe. Alot of u2 references in this book.

My reading list is:
Whats so Amazing about Grace?
The Screwtape Letters
Ground Beneath Her Feet
Call Me the Breeze.

The only problem is it takes me forever to get a chance to read!

JCOSTER said:

I didn't start it yet but as soon as I am done with Dorian Grey thats my next one. I just bought Call me the Breeze by Philip McCabe. Alot of u2 references in this book.

My reading list is:
Whats so Amazing about Grace?
The Screwtape Letters
Ground Beneath Her Feet
Call Me the Breeze.

The only problem is it takes me forever to get a chance to read!

I'll check the others out!! You'll love "The Screwtape Letters", it's one of the best I've read, and a must read for every Believer!! "What's So Amazing About Grace" was amazing!!! He mentions U2/Bono about 4 times!! The book itself was wonderful!! I'm going to check out the other 2 you mentioned now!! God Bless!!

Hey JCOSTER, are you looking for books bono has read in specific, or are you open to others that I can recommend?

I don't want to derail the thread, but shoot me an e-mail exwhyzee@gmail.com if you're interested. I'm not sure if Bono has read the ones on my list...but interestingly enough they contain some of the same themes of spirituality and love that he speaks of.

U2isthebest said:

I'll check the others out!! You'll love "The Screwtape Letters", it's one of the best I've read, and a must read for every Believer!! "What's So Amazing About Grace" was amazing!!! He mentions U2/Bono about 4 times!! The book itself was wonderful!! I'm going to check out the other 2 you mentioned now!! God Bless!!

Yancey talks about Bono/U2 in What's So Amazing about Grace? I don't remember that at all...

dano said:

Yancey talks about Bono/U2 in What's So Amazing about Grace? I don't remember that at all...

No. He talks about them in his new book. It's amazing too!! It's called "Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?". I would recommend it! God Bless!!

That's so funny! When my Seminar English teacher found out I was Christian (we had to write a paper of influences in our lives) he recommended "What's So Amazing About Grace?". Just bought it and I'm on like page 66 or something...that book is astonishing!

Bono'sTyee said:
That's so funny! When my Seminar English teacher found out I was Christian (we had to write a paper of influences in our lives) he recommended "What's So Amazing About Grace?". Just bought it and I'm on like page 66 or something...that book is astonishing!

Wow! That is so amazing!! I honestly think it's the best book I've read next to The Bible. It opened my eyes in a way they desperately needed to be. Don't you love it??

Back
Top Bottom