U2 in your church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:
People don't have to necessarily tell them about a religion in order for them to be interested in it. They might see an ad somewhere while out and about, or while flipping through the TV channels, or perhaps they'll overhear a discussion from some people of that particular religion-those people aren't talking directly to them, but it piques their interest. There are ways.

There are many ways to share the Gospel, and one way is to "go forth and make disciples of all nations", as Christ said to do.

Moonlit_Angel said:
And even so, if someone does wish to tell them about a certain religion, there's a way to go about it that won't bug them (i.e., two friends get into a discussion about religious beliefs or lack thereof, and each of them explains what they personally believe and why, and perhaps that'll sway one or the other) and there's a way to go about it that will bug them (telling them that they'll go to hell if they don't join this faith, constantly harassing them even after they've said they weren't interested or might consider it at the very least. I don't imagine you do that, but unfortunately, some do).

I'm not talking about trying to force my opinions on them. My job is not bring the seed to bloom, but to just plant the seed. Some do try to force their beliefs, but they aren't doing what Christ said to do.

Moonlit_Angel said:
If I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christianity was the true way, then yes, I wouldn't have a problem with telling people, as it'd have been proven to be true. But at this time, every religion claims they're the ones who hold the truth, and everyone personally believes their faith is the true one, but it can't be proven for sure, so it just doesn't make sense to me for people to claim their religious beliefs are fact.

Why not? If a person doesn't believe his religious views are fact, why even believe in them? If I didn't think Christianity was true, I wouldn't waste my time with it. But since, I do believe it's true, I want everyone to share in this great thing known as God's garce.

Moonlit_Angel said:
I definitely think my religious views are the right ones, but I'm not going to present them as fact, because I can't prove for sure that what I say will happen to us after our lives are over will actually occur.

But if you believe in them, 100%, don't you want others to benefit from a relationship with God, and won't you at least tell others that those are your beliefs? I know that if my friend believed in something 100% that could be beneficial to me, I'd want him to tell me about it so that I could make up my own mind.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Yes, but then again, that's 'cause I knew full well what was going to happen if I didn't send everyone there-it is a fact that if someone doesn't get into a lifeboat and doesn't find a way to get away from a sinking ship, they will not survive. Religion's a little different, as, yet again, everyone has their own ideas regarding what will happen if people do or don't follow this or that faith, but those ideas can't be proven to be factual.

So, if you didn't know for a fact that the lifeboat would save their lives, but you believed it with all your heart, wouldn't you say "My belief is that if you jump in this lifeboat, you will live, but if you don't, you will drown and die"?

indigo tree said:
I go to a Catholic Church, so I don't see any slideshows.

yeah, God forbid we liven the mass up a bit.

we need some good music or soemthing. maybe i would actually go then.....maybe:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom