To Every Thing There Is A Purpose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think on a grand scale it must be true. But if I could figure out what my purpose is, I'd be really grateful. Right now I feel stuck in a moment that I can't get out of.
frown.gif

Right now, my thoughts are everything that happens can be made to have a purpose.

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

Originally posted by foray:
Right now, my thoughts are everything that happens can be made to have a purpose.

foray

Yeah, foray, I think along the same lines. It's hard sometimes to think in terms of "pre-determined" purpose to things -- I can't believe in it that way. I do believe, however, that EVERYTHING feeds the soil from which we grow our lives. And that sometimes, there is a meaning -- like a signal, a tap on the shoulder -- in small or unpleasant experiences that will reveal itself later. I'm a firm believer in intuition, too, or "the language of the universe" as Paolo Coelho put it in a great little grown-up fairy tale called The Alchemist. When the world tugs on our hearts -- a passion for music, a face we can't forget, an unexpected indignation -- I think that's God's purpose whispering (or shouting) to us. I've also learned the wisdom behind "Lead [your life] with your heart, manage with your mind." Many folks try to do it backwards, and live far away from their purpose and their joy (usually the same thing)...

blessings upon us seekers
Deb D

------------------
take some time out and entertain the questions of a
longing heart
-- Steve Beard

the greatest frontman in the world - by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I think on a grand scale it must be true. But if I could figure out what my purpose is, I'd be really grateful. Right now I feel stuck in a moment that I can't get out of.
frown.gif

(((((huuug)))) Think about the Grammys!
biggrin.gif

Yes,I am a firm believer in evrything having a purpose. Life is quirky like that. Of course, I'm an existentialist Christian (yea, it doesn't really make sense, but I like it), so it's inherent that I think there's a purpose. I don't think we can EVER figure out our purpose, not until we die.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Originally posted by truecoloursfly:
I'm a firm believer in intuition, too, or "the language of the universe" as Paolo Coelho put it in a great little grown-up fairy tale called The Alchemist.

Wow! That Alchemist is probably my favourite ever story, or fable. I probably read it once every year or two - i would highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom