The Soul Journey: Favorite Spiritual U2 Lyric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really enjoyed what you wrote, Sarah. :wave: and a warm welcome to you!!! :hug:

the best lyrics that come to my mind are the ones already mentioned in "The first time" and the end of "Falling at your feet" (MDH Soundtrack)

How to navigate
how to simply be
to know when to wait
Its plain simplicity...

In whom shall I trust
How might I be still
Teach me to surrender
Not my will....Thy will...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your welcome.
Yep, I'd have to say that ATYCLB has been helpful.

I had to pause and read the lyrics and that part about "Love, lift me up out of these blues, won't you tell me something true, I believe in you" helped me to refocus on God. Along with "stuck in a moment". You can forget so easily to focus on Him if you're dealing with big issues. or not even be very aware of what it means to focus.

I forgot, too, about the ocean.

When you're in the water and the waves are very big and powerful and you're scared because you're out too far. Maybe there's undercurrents or possible danger lurking beneath the deep. It really helps to calm down and not struggle. Just glide along. The ocean makes it easy. You don't have to do very much. You can just float. It doesn't have to be a struggle, gasping for air.

It was then that I thought of prayer and it doesn't have to be all of this work. a long drawn out exhaustive prayer. no, it should be more like, short regular heart felt intervals . . .

I heard your voice a-whispering 'come away, child'

Hmmmm . . . guess I wrote alot.

:wave:

Ali Rose,
thanks for your welcome!
Hey, we're neighbors!!! I'm from South St. Paul.

God bless!

Last edited:
one lyric that really speaks to me is when bono asks,

"jesus can you take the time
to throw a drowning man a line?"

so many times, when bad things are happening in my life, i have found myself wondering how god could possibly notice my tiny cries for help in a world where so many others are literally screaming out in need for him.

it's comforting to know that someone else has felt this way, too.

Dreadsox said:
Mysterious Ways

One day you will look...back
And you'll see...where
You were held...how
By this love...while
You could stand...there
You could move on this moment
Follow this feeling

This makes me think of how often our lives are touch by God through the Holy Spirit and we don't even know it. How often in my life, have I been blessed and not known it, or acknowledged it.

Peace to all.....

*grins knowingly

my favourite bit of my favourite song of them all.

Streets is another gem, not just the lyrics, but the whole package - it feels heavenly...

Until The End Of The World has a special resonance for me even though I totally missed the meaning of the song for a long time. Man didn't I feel dumb when I found out. Anyhow I really makes one reevaluate who Judas was and that we too sit to Jesus right at that table. Each of us needs to say those words:

"In the Garden I was playin' the tart, I kissed your lips and broke your heart."

Judas' sin was not greed nor was he an evil degenerate monster. He was a Zealot, he wanted the Kingdom NOW and he decided Jesus wasn't following his timetable. So he forced the issue. He thought he knew better and tried to do things his way...

It takes a lot of courage to step into his shoes and I applaud Bono for reminding me to do that and also to remember that Judas was a real person and by the realationship explored so was Jesus: "You, you were acting like it was the end of the world" This was our Lord's friend, one of his most trusted disciples. This was a real personal betrayal and a personal loss over seeing the self destruction of a loved one. Just reminds you we have a personal God in the greatest sense of the word.

To go unconventional I 'll drop a nod to "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me," This song with its voice and Bono's MacPhisto in ZooTV introduced me to another devil. One named Screwtape and to a man named Clive Stapleton Lewis...

Back
Top Bottom