The 'battle' at work - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > The Goal Is Soul
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:18 AM
Normal The 'battle' at work

It's interesting when one becomes a Christian and the 'veil' is lifted, how you see things in a much different light. It would take much too long to explain *everything* but I believe I'm working in a company that is grounds for spiritual battle. It's a very small growing company, and already we've had MANY ups and downs, including money issues and my boss' near-fatal heart problems last year.

The company has a split personality. It's a profit-making business based on recycling. The main principals are *extreme* left-wing liberal Democrats, hate GWB, are very into 'saving Mother Earth,' and are personal friends of Algore, plus I just found out from some business bio's that our founder is on all these U.N. committees (Friends of the United Nations, etc.) which makes me go because I personally believe the UN is the foundation for the one world govt...but I digress.

In all of our other company office reside very conservative, "mom-and-apple-pie" patriotic Republicans, who *love* GWB and are all for capitalism! It's almost humorous if it wasn't so odd. Last week before a very big, very important meeting (the meeting that would save our company's hide), my boss and I prayed together for success in his office. It was very weird, but very moving. And the meeting did go well, so....

I don't know if I'm looking for any actual responses or advice to this post, I guess I just needed to vent somewhere comfortable....and maybe request a bit of prayer.... but I would love to hear anyone's comments about this, esp. if you're in a similar situation. *shrug*

thanks!

Discoteque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:18 AM
It is a great comfort to find someone who you can pray with in the work environment.

nbcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: The 'battle' at work

Quote:
Originally posted by Discoteque
plus I just found out from some business bio's that our founder is on all these U.N. committees (Friends of the United Nations, etc.) which makes me go because I personally believe the UN is the foundation for the one world govt...but I digress.
And while all the right point fingers at the UN, the WTO goes unnoticed. But I digress as well.

Melon
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:36 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Re: Re: The 'battle' at work

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

And while all the right point fingers at the UN, the WTO goes unnoticed. But I digress as well.

Melon
Eh...I suppose we can pretty much lump them all together, since their tentacles are all connected somehow....
Discoteque is offline   Reply With Quote