Thank You God

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
I thought it would be nice to start a thread to give thanks.

I would like to give thanks because I have just had my first full week without pain since October 8. Today was the second day I felt like me again. It has been one long migrane. I know there are many who suffer with greater afflictions, but this was the longest period of time in my life that I have suffered pain, and there were so very few days where there was much relief. It was the first day in months that I was able to walk outside and look towards the sun without pain. I was so happy to be me again, I took my students outside to walk in the the few inches of snow that we have. The sky was so blue, the air so cool and crisp. My students had no idea why I wanted to take the walk, but I was so happy to feel like myself again. When I picked up my children tonight, I played outside with them, my two year old and my four year old. Afterwards, I gave them their baths and fed them supper. It felt good to be me. Tonight, I sit up, not because I am in pain, but because I am so happy to be alive, so happy to feel like me. I know there must be some reason for the past few months.............Maybe it was to appreciate and feel like me again.

Thank you God.

Peace to all.

Dreadsox, reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad your feeling better again. Take care

Hi dreadsox,

I'm familiar with migranes--after the birth of each child I would suffer with them periodically, and it was always such a relief when they'd go away. Immense gratitude.

I hope that I can have a more thankful heart on a regular basis. I think someone said that it's a mark of a mature believer ( a thankful heart) so, I know I'm definately not mature, yet. I need some serious work, here.

Let's see, I'm thankful for my family, good health and a nice warm house to go clean (right now) as well as venison butterfly chops to go prepare for a pleasant surprise for my darling husband. thanks to your timely reminder, I'll pray and thank God for my darling husband etc. hopefully for the remainder of the afternoon. thanks.

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Col 4:2
No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thess 5:17-19
How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for considering me trustworthy and appointing me to serve him,
1 Tim 1:11-13

(there are alot of verses about gratitude and thankfulness that i looked at around thanksgiving. just happened to have them on my desktop)

As for us, we always thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We are thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation, a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and by your belief in the truth.
2 Thess 2:12-14

bye!

:wave: :wave:

Hrm...migraines...

Your serotonin levels could be out of whack. Try a natural method to increase them perhaps, and, from personal experience, avoid the prescription SSRIs (i.e., Prozac) as much as possible; they can make them worse in the long run, honestly.

http://www.mqrx.com/5-htp.asp

Anyhow, there's an interesting link, but don't take my word for it. I'd ask a professional who would know what they're talking about. Messing with neurotransmitters like serotonin incorrectly can be problematic.

Melon

Dreadsox: :hug: Along with Melon's response, I don't know what, or if, you're taking medication for your pain, but I saw something on TV the other evening that was interesting. It was about people who get migraines/headaches, but tend to *over* medicate themselves...which then causes pain receptors in the head to go into overdrive when the pain medication wears off, causing "rebound" headaches. Of course, to get off the medication, it's like going thru a detox period, but afterwards, several people said they felt wonderful! (a couple people had been sufferering for 8or 10 years) Just a thought....

Discoteque,

Thanks for your insight. I saw the 20/20 show too. Unfortunately this is not the case with me. I have not taken any kind of over the counter medicine for them in almost ten years. No rebound headaches here.

PEACE

That is wonderful news about your pain relief Dreadsox. :)

I would love to give thanks to today being the 17th day of being blessed with the miracle of having such a beautiful healthy baby daughter. Its quite beyond words.

Angela Harlem said:
That is wonderful news about your pain relief Dreadsox. :)

I would love to give thanks to today being the 17th day of being blessed with the miracle of having such a beautiful healthy baby daughter. Its quite beyond words.

Now that is something to get on the highest mountain and shout out to the world.

My wife just ran away saying no more children. LOL

What a miracle you have there...a gift from God!

Peace

:hug: Dreadsox :hug:

I'm glad that you're feeling better now. It must have been horrible to be in pain all the time like you described. I hope you stay well now :)

And also I think this this is a great thread :happy:

:hug: to everyone

I would like to say thank you to God for where I am right now. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am to be able to study and go to school and have everything I need to survive. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am to have a family that loves me and to have friends who I love.

Thanks for the reminder that there are incredible blessings in the everyday.

That is so amazing. God is awesome. Its funny how much beauty there is in just the little things. things that we all take for granted every day. :hug:

Praise God!!!

Dreadsox, I'm glad your headache is gone. It sounds like it was horrible. I don't feel so bad about my flu bug now. I'm annoyed because I've had it for two weeks. Gosh, that's not long and it's going away anyway.

Angela Harlem said:

Oh, how sweet! I'll bet she's adorable! Thank God for babies!:angel: :angel: :kiss: :kiss:

Dreadsox: I'm glad you feel well again. Thanks for the posting too which showed me that i take ways to many things for granted.

This thing called life is so wonderful - i just should take the time to realize it and thank god for all of this.

Klaus

Back
Top Bottom