Stop the chase and stay hungry... let this hunger burn in you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This is something I found.... thought I?d share, hoping I am allowed to.

Spoken by Tyohar at a Satsang on Santorini, Greece, 27/06/2001

"Throughout our lives we are looking for something, we are constantly busy in a search.

Some are looking for security or for love, some for pleasures and attention; others are looking for god? a never-ending search.
The idea behind it is that ?once I will find these things, something will be better, something will be fulfilled, my reality will change and will become as I dream.?

When this stops, a great transformation can happen.

When your attention moves from searching, dreaming and chasing after life, into being here and now, you are fully present in the wholeness of your Being.

Simply recognize what is it that you want. What do you want??

When you recognize your goals, you can see through them to the true nature of Being, an ever presence of consciousness.

Overlooking your true nature creates a feeling of discontentment. This is when we get caught in the loop of the ego that is trying to satisfy the uncomfortable feeling of hunger, the feeling that something is missing. The ego is not a mechanism that is looking inwards; it is a mechanism that is moving outward to achieve, to gain, and to become.

You have been trying to satisfy the feeling of hunger and discontentment through superficial satisfactions. These can give a momentary physical and psychological relief, but over and over again we come to see that this hunger is deeper than that.

Let me invite you for a different approach; to stop, to stop the chase and to stay hungry. You don't know what it is that you are hungry for, but stay hungry.

Let this hunger burn in you. Watch the energy rising up and wait!

Don't try to do anything with it. Stay in this bubbling sensation, unclear situation. Stay there without movement, and let something happen, let the situation solve it for you and sooth the discomfort. If you are solving it yourself it is just a matter of time before it's waking up again. When you are allowing the situation, life, to sort it out for you, it is a breakthrough; it is breaking through the pattern of doing life instead of living it!

You might be looking for relaxation, for Nirvana, for Silence. You are meditating and looking for it, you see the mind chattering and you want it to go away. Stop! Stop and just let it all (thoughts, feelings) be there. Just notice it, without effort to do anything about it, to fix it or to sort it out. Just stop and be there. Whatever is happening to you, stay there, be present. It is imperfect, perhaps it is not comfortable, but still, stay there and watch what is happening. Usually what is happening in these situations is that we are acting automatically, without even being aware of what we are doing. My invitation to you is to surrender totally to the imperfection of the moment. Instead of controlling it. And if your let go is total, you will be surprised.

You will be surprised to see that out of the hunger, the thirst, a new quality is flowering. You will see that something is fulfilling itself from a deeper layer, not from doing it, not from the surface, not from the outside, but from within. Stay in this hunger without trying to do anything about it, simply be centered, still, and out of this hunger, once the pattern of rejecting it is broken, contentment will arise.

The pattern has to break because you need to regain the capacity to see the contentment, it is always there!

And once you are not "doing" this contentment, once you are not the one who is sorting it out, it has a totally different quality, it is mysterious, it has depth, it is something that is blooming from the core of your being.

I?m not talking about forcing anything, or repressing, but about bringing the quality of awareness to every moment."

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Overlooking your true nature creates a feeling of discontentment. This is when we get caught in the loop of the ego that is trying to satisfy the uncomfortable feeling of hunger, the feeling that something is missing. The ego is not a mechanism that is looking inwards; it is a mechanism that is moving outward to achieve, to gain, and to become.

You have been trying to satisfy the feeling of hunger and discontentment through superficial satisfactions. These can give a momentary physical and psychological relief, but over and over again we come to see that this hunger is deeper than that.

I've read this about 10 times now and I can't believe how timely this is for me and where my life is at at this moment.

hh:

yes, you should. it's letting go...and realizing you are letting go, and the beauty of being READY to let go...it's release.

Is it that eastern? It surely has some resemblances, but the person who spoke that one is from Israel, and living in Costa Rica.

This is good. Thanks for posting it!
:D
I guess the only thing I'd add is to stay hungry
then pray about it & give it to God
:lol:

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer, sarah_U27.

Centered.

Take a moment to listen to the silence. There is much to hear.

yes, i agree...there is very, very much to be heard in silence...but you must be still, and make sure that you are hearing correctly. it is everywhere, in the silence of a sunrise, the stillness of midnight, the absence of a good friend, the quiet caress of the wind...listen...

Wow that fits perfectly

but it will be hard to try for me. I fear I'm one of those persons who like to control everything:der:

freeyourmind said:
Wow that fits perfectly

but it will be hard to try for me. I fear I'm one of those persons who like to control everything:der:

Sometimes, control is a good thing. I am a control freak, too.

Sometimes, it will not help. It is upon you to decide when it is good for you.

Just wanted to thank you Hiphop for submitting this. I would like to print it out and periodically read it to reaffirm it's message. :wave:

Thanks Cleasai, I am just the submitter though, I didn?t write it.

Go ahead, print it out and put it on the walls. :wave:

It is definitely Eastern Philosophy - you can tell by they way it alludes to Nirvana and also the talk of staying hungry basically echoes the Buddhist teaching that we have to become more aware rather than disconnect from the world.

It also very much reminds me of a prayer of Eastern Perennial Wisdom which I have often used in meditation, and it goes something like this (I'm doing it from memory):

We are not the body
We are not the mind
We are ever free, pure and simple.
The goal of human life is to discover our true nature, which is potentially divine
And to manifest that divinity through our thoughts, speech and actions.

Both the first and last - or most recent post - were very interesting. But if I had to post something on the wall, something I could read occasionaly and get a spiritual lift, it would be the quote below.

We are not the body
We are not the mind
The goal of human life is to discover our true nature, which is potentially divine; and to manifest that divinity through our thoughts, speech and actions.

I don't care where it came from - it's just a true statement. It's the essence of what I'm wrestling with - but slowly coming to a peaceful solution: to find my faith, and then to live it every day. I've been way to jaded and cycnical about hypocrites, when I'm one myself.

I guess I'm to the point where I do want to stop searching so hard, which lends more to the first quote. Still, I want to stop and let God be in control - maybe that's not in the first message, and maybe that doesn't matter.

I'm a control freak too - but what was so hard to let go of has turned into a pretty great experience. I don't know the people in this forum...but it's kinda cool to be able to talk about spiritual issues w/o keeping your guard up so much. Still, I have a lot I want to share, and maybe I can do that here sometime. Thanks.

FYI, I'm not new to Interference.com. If NicaMom still has her page up, I'm listed under my old moniker, U24me. Nice to meet ya'll...

We are not the body
We are not the mind
The goal of human life is to discover our true nature, which is potentially divine
And to manifest that divinity through our thoughts, speech and actions.

anitram said:
It is definitely Eastern Philosophy - you can tell by they way it alludes to Nirvana and also the talk of staying hungry basically echoes the Buddhist teaching that we have to become more aware rather than disconnect from the world.

Tyohar, who wrote it, was taught by Osho, a wise man from India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom