Stockman to comment on Bono's Mother Jones Article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocu2fan

The Fly
Around Christmas time, after reading Walk On, I decided to email the Mother Jones article to Mr. Stockman to see what he had to say about the contents of the article. As we all know, this is the article where Bono voiced his opinions on abortion and homosexuality among other things. I was not sure whether Stocki even knew about the interview and I wanted to see how he would respond and if this changed his views on Bono and U2 at all.

He wrote me back several days ago to notify me that he felt that Bono was employing a more inclusive message to bring people to the truth of Christ as opposed to telling them to "turn or burn." Anyway he said he would post a much more indepth response on his webpage in the coming days. I just thought you all might be interested in this nugget of information! The half-time show rocked by the way!!!

Good. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for emailing him.

In reading interviews that Bono gave after his two sons have been born, I have noticed that he said them being born has made his thoughts change about how he looks at the world. Bono gave the Mother Jones article in the late 80s, I think before he had any children, I wonder if since then, it has changed his views on abortion? Something to think about, and something else was when Bono said that he loved the fact that people liked his lyrics but when they started looking to him for the meaning of life, they were in the wrong place.

Back
Top Bottom