Spiritual Attacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
Ok i'm just so full of Questions tonight...

I have a close friend, Mindy. We have been growing in God together for some months now. Every Sunday we go to church and then to lunch to talk of our week, pray for each other, etc. Its been a real blessing to have a partner in this, I had prayed for this for SOO long. Anyways...

Some things have been brought up in her life as we have both been advancing in our faith, and its scaring me a bit. She's been seeing this great Christian guy-Andrew. They truly do seem perfect for each other, they've known each other for almost a year and just started dating.(as they had both been careful getting to know each other very well and praying much first) Go mindy. :D However, They have been having some bad dates due to what she thinks are "spiritual attacks"

I believe in this,(i have read The Screwtape Letters ;) ) and understand the power of demons in our lives, constantly trying to divert us from the truth, Our God, and His voice. But my GOODNESS. Shes a WRECK. every second she is being constantly confused, attacked, -angry, hateful, so very RANDOM things pop into her and his mind that isnt them when they are together...they've discussed it with each other, etc. Its gotten to the point where they've just decided to stop seeing each other, sadly.

Personally, I think they've let Satan win here. Satan WANTS to tear us apart and fill us with hatred and anger. And I dont see how one so devoted to the Lord would have to deal with such CONSTANT stress in this. I've never heard of such a thing. but on the other hand, am i simply not aware enough of these spiritual attacks? Am i losing them every day? I know we are supposed to constantly pray and arm ourselves with the Holy Spirit so as to divert demons, and i trust God to help me do that. I'd be insane if I let it get to me as much as she has been lately. and like i said, she's an absolute WRECK.

I hope this makes sense, I'm very concerned about her, and this whole concept. Can anyone help me out here with thoughts, comments, prayers?

I'm stressin out. :( :scream:

darn. Ok try to push aside all the stuff about their relationship. I'm just more concerned about these massive attacks.

heh heh...massive...attack...:reject:

There very well could be some sort of spiritual attack going on. But do they realize that they are not powerless if that is what's going on? We have been given authority to cast out demons, and I'm blanking on the reference but does "resist the devil and he will flee from you" ring a bell?

God is all-powerful, I think if they are meant to be together and they are seeking His will, it will become clear as to what they need to do.

Sounds like you are a wonderful and caring friend :hug:

Spiritual attacks are another form of the temptation Satan uses to distract us from God. I find it healthy to be aware of such attacks, but unhealthy to dwell upon them. Not every negative thing in our lives, however, are spiritual attacks. Focus on how God is shaping their lives rather than the source of the attacks.

It is hard to tell what is meant by "bad dates". It may be a missed expectation regarding the progress of the relationship. Maybe they are conflicts that are designed to imprve their relationship at a later time. Her time spent in fellowship and prayer with you is probably the best thing.

Beth refers to James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

In His Peace

Ali Rose said:
darn. Ok try to push aside all the stuff about their relationship. I'm just more concerned about these massive attacks.

heh heh...massive...attack...:reject:

I was referring to the "attacks." If two people do not act like themselves when they are together, then they may not be perfect for each other.

She needs to see a psychotherapist. She's now starting to get paranoid delusions, and maybe she's schizophrenic. The random things popping in her head is kind of tipping me off.

She isn't being controlled by a demon; just a mentally-destructive form of Christianity.

Sad really...

:|

Melon

We do have an enemy of our soul who knows exactly which buttons to press to keep us from seeking God and the goal of love.
If we don't have peace and joy (and other fruit of the spirit)something's wrong.
We're told to think on things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely of good report, having virtue or anything praiseworthy.
I think that's our side of the deal.
As well as to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
If we have anxiety, something's wrong because we are told to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, to let our requests be made known to God--and God's peace will guard our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Maybe she should see a christian psychotherapist.
I dunno.
Is she depressed?:sad:

No. In fact I think she's going to be fine. I talked to her again today. Thanks guys. She really appreciates your prayers and/or concern.

I'm personally warry of such conclusions. My father has occassionally been involved in spiritual healing workshops with an expert on this sort of thing by the name of Brad Long I think. Anyhow, seriously bad attacks are pretty rare, like about 2-5% of all people who go to these things. In most cases it's just therapy and counceling and dealin with the emotional problems people have. I'd definately look at emotional psychological side of things first and any healing if there is demon stuff - though like I said I'm a tad sceptical, but my Dad isn't a liar - the best way to start is to look at the emotional psychological weak points where these things get in.

Back
Top Bottom