sins catching up to you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wannabe

War Child
I was wondering if anyone knew of different verses in The Bible that speak of our sins catching up to us. I can think of two places specifically right now: Obadiah 1:15 and Revelation 22:18-19. I might be interpreting those wrong though.

Obadiah 1:15
15 The day of the lord is near for all nations.
As you have done, it will be done to you;
your deeds will return upon your own head.

Revelation 22:18-19
18 I warn everyone who hears the wordsof the prophecyof this book: If anyone add anything to them, God will add to him the plagues of this book.
19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Wanton:

It was late 80s era, if a recall; Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, a Baldwin or too. They were med students who wanted to experiment with near death experiences, but take them a bit beyond the "tunnel with the light at the end." So they "flat-lined" each other with everything in place to recover them. Most of them went through these exepriences of peoplw from their past whom they had mistreated, but now those people would come back and torment them.

I think I remember Kiefer Sutherland's childhood character having ganged up on the neighborhood nerd with his friends, and somehow the kid fell out of a tree because they chased him up it; needless to say, the kid caught up with Kiefer in his flat-lining journey.

Interesteing movie; I loved it back then; you can probably get it on VHS for about $7 and DVD for a little more; try a K-Mart that is closing soon.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom