Rainbow Revelation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Just thought I?d share...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(...)

In the end, I'd like to read my Rainbow Revelation

Bless you for your anger for it is a sign of rising energy.
Direct not to your family, waste not on your enemy. Transform the energy to versatility and it will bring prosperity

Bless you for your sorrow for it is a sign of vulnerability
Share not with your family, direct not to yourself. Transform the energy to sympathy and it will bring you love.

Bless you for your greed for it is a sign of great capacity.
Direct not to your family. Direct not to the world. Transform the energy to giving. Give as much as you wish to take, and you will receive satisfaction

Bless you for your jealousy for it is a sign of empathy. Direct not to your family, direct not to your friends. Transform the energy to admiration and what you admire will become part of your life.

Bless you for your fear. For it is a sign of wisdom. Do not hold yourself in fear. Tranform the energy to flexibility and you will be free from what you fear.

Bless you for your poverty for it is a sign of great possibility do not hold poverty in your mind. Every drop of your generosity will come back in 10 fold. Give as though you were a king, and you will receive a king's due.

Bless you for your search of direction for it is a sign of aspiration. Transform the energy to receptivity and the direction will come to you

Bless you for the times you see evil. Evil is energy mishandled and it feeds on your support. Feed not and it will self-destruct. Shed light and it will cease to be.

Bless you for the times you feel no love.
Open your heart to life anyway, and in time you will find love in you.

Bless you, bless you, bless you. Bless you for what you are. Remember you are loved. Remember I love you.

I wish us all a beautiful future. Let us come together, create and enjoy.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full speech available at http://www.a-i-u.net/yo_oct02.html

:: give peace a chance ::

yoko ono oct. 15th 2002

Yoko Ono's speech at Oxford University in October 2002. All rights reserved.

oh dear, hiphop...first of all, thank you for sharing this speech with me. you told me that this speech of yoko's was directed to no one but those who wish to listen. you also said that it was meant to be interpreted, as is all great art, and you know i agree with you. however, there are many things in this speech that i disagree with. i know you very well, hiphop, and i know you have an open heart and an open mind, so please...listen to me with all of your sweet, gentle spirit...

now, anger as a rising energy is an idea i can get my mind around. sorrow as vulnerability as well. but jealousy as a sign of empathy? it doesn't make sense. they are direct opposites. jealousy is one of the most self-involved emotions, based on nothing more than a personal need to satisfy the self, whereas empathy is defined as identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives. how can one possibly be a sign of the other?

fear as a sign of wisdom? oh, hiphop, as well as i know you, how can you back up a statement like this? is my fear of flying, a fear we have discussed so many times, based on any wisdom? is there something that i know, then, which validates my fear?...are you following what i am saying, dear?

poverty as a sign of great possibility? this is an idea that is so ludicrous i won't even address it, except to say that i am not surprised to hear a statement like this coming from a woman who is living large off of her dead husband's legacy. what could she possibly know of poverty and how, in reality, there are no possiblities that come with it? there are nothing but limitations in poverty. just ask a woman who cannot feed her children, or a man who sleeps in the streets.

i will agree that evil is energy mishandled and that it will grow with the proper support, but to say that it will self destruct if it is not fed is simply not true. evil is evil, and it has been and always will be until the end of time. shedding light upon it will not cause it to cease to be. as optimistic and dreamy as this idea is, it is just simply not true. perhaps it is just a matter of yoko not being able to let go of john's imagining...

really, the most beautiful part of this speech comes at the very end. wonderful, loving sentiments that i would like to extend to you as well, dear hiphop...bless you, bless you, bless you. bless you for what you are. remember you are loved. remember i love you.

the final thing i noticed about this speech, a speech you believe has nothing to do with john lennon, was that it was given less than a week after his birthday.

Good points. First of all, though, I don?t necessarily agree or back up with everything Yoko said above. I liked the idea, you know, the idea of turning something "negative" into something "positive".

I don?t know how to define empathy else than wanting. Jealousy is surely wanting someone or something, too, I agree with you though, that it is a personal need to satisfy the self. On the other hand, I have been jealous too in my life. I would have liked to be able to turn jealousy to admiration.

I think fear can be a sign of wisdom, it just depends which concrete case we?re talking about. It can be wise to be afraid of touching a cactus. Whereas it isn?t very wise to be afraid of flying, but only in my opinion, because I?m not afraid. The important part, though, is not "For it is a sign of wisdom" but "Do not hold yourself in fear. Tranform the energy to flexibility and you will be free from what you fear." So you see, you shouldn?t hold yourself in fear, transform the energy that you waste for fear into flexibility - and you will be free from your fear. In plain words, that means, take the next plane.

I agree with the point you made about poverty.

About evil, thats another discussion, and if anytime, we will speak about that privately.

What I wanted to pass on by posting this message is the energy, and the idea of changing the energy we all waste for "negative" stuff, to turn it into sth. "positive". To turn hate into love. Or "who cares?" into "I do". And at the same time, to not damn ourselves for the "negative" emotions we are bound to.

Thank you for your good critique.

Respect.

i took my definition of empathy straight from the american heritage 2001 dictionary.

empathy: identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings and motives.

it is not a matter of wanting, dear. it's a matter of accepting.

anyway...yes, hmm, take the next plane.

Back
Top Bottom