Psalms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheQuiet1

Rock n' Roll Doggie
In chapel today the congregation had to read out Psalm 96 together and when we were done I flipped to Psalm 40 to see how similiar it actually was to the song. So it got me wondering, are there any other U2 songs that borrow lyrics from the Psalms or is '40' the only one?

TheQuiet1 said:
In chapel today the congregation had to read out Psalm 96 together and when we were done I flipped to Psalm 40 to see how similiar it actually was to the song. So it got me wondering, are there any other U2 songs that borrow lyrics from the Psalms or is '40' the only one?

40 is the only one that borrows lyrics from the Psalms that blatantly.

Love Rescue Me quotes Psalm 23, but I'm still not sure what Bono was trying to say there. Whatever it was, it just does not make sense to interpret it as Bono renouncing his faith in God.

2Hearts said:
Love Rescue Me quotes Psalm 23, but I'm still not sure what Bono was trying to say there. Whatever it was, it just does not make sense to interpret it as Bono renouncing his faith in God.

Well he's calling for Love(God) to rescue him, so cursing thy rod and staff makes sense in that context...

Back
Top Bottom