Prayer request for my grandmother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've been very lucky to have both sets of my grandparents alive and healthy for all of my life so far. However, this weekend I got a call from my dad telling me that my mom's mother suffered a stroke this weekend and was in the hospital. This was pretty surprising as she is very active and not even that old. In any case, I just heard from dad today and she is in surgery right now. The doctors discovered an aneurism and they are attempting to fix it. I don't know what the odds are statistically of all going well, but I do know that any time you operate on a human brain, there is a chance of debilitation or even fatality. So if you could please pray with me that the doctors are able to do their best job possible and that she would make it through alright, I would greatly appreciate it. I've never had anyone this close to me in danger before, and I must admit I am rather shaken.

i'm very sorry to hear that sula. i've been through that situation and i know how sad and scary it is. your grandmother and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

*adds Sula and Grandmother to prayer list*

May God be with you and your family---I pray everything will be alright.

We as a community are here for you sis, and pray God's protection for your grandmother, and for the surgeon's hands that are doing the surgery...please let us know how else we can pray for her and your family, and with an update when you have one for us.

Chris

Thank you all so much for your prayers, your support and your encouraging PMs. Thankfully, I did get good news today.

I just got off the phone with Mom. The surgery went well and she has moved from the recovery room back to her room in ICU. Apparently she was able to move her hands and such upon request while still coming out of the anesthetic, so that is a great sign. Won't know for sure if she suffered any debilitation until she is fully awake, but I guess the surgery was a success and things are looking up. I'm so relieved.

Sula
I am glad she is doing better.
I hope and pray she will recover fine, and will pray for her and your family too.

Back
Top Bottom