Please pray for me...I've been very ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hey all,

Well I have been extremely sick since Wednesday with something of a mystery bug. Haven't eaten for days and am dehydrated, but am trying to recuperate slowly...if the illness would stop! I must say, I am a terrible patient because I am never sick and am very frustrated to have to lie quietly and feel so very awful and be unable to do a simple thing like EAT. Thankfully, one of the girls at L'Abri has a father who is a doctor so I spoke to him on the phone this evening and think we may have figured out what it is. She is going to email him for some ideas on how to fix it.

If you could all pray that I will be healed quickly, I would really appreciate it. Life is very busy here and I will be leaving in a week and travelling non-stop, so I very much need to be up and functioning soon. I appreciate it. Love you all,

sula

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. This morning I was still feeling horrible and unable to eat, so we decided it would be best for me to see a doctor. Thankfully there was one who was actually open on a Sunday. I got a shot which seems to have helped a lot and a very VERY expensive set of antibiotics which should fix things, but which will make my last week of travel very dicey as I don't have any credit and will be quite literally on the wire financially (I don't have health insurance and have to pay for this upfront). gah. In any case, I was able to eat a little bit of soup and a few crackers today, so I am quite happy about that. Onward and upward. :)

:hug: Sula! I hope you are feeling better soon and that this does not continue to be a financial strain for you. :hug: & *chicken soup* :)

Thank you all for your kind words. Today I am back on my feet and slowly re-entering the community life. Went to meals and had a birds portion. lol. Thanksgiving is coming up and we are going all out, so hopefully I will be well enough by then to at least taste the food.

Going to be leaving here on Dec. 2, spend the night in Geneva, and then fly to Amsterdam on the 3rd. Staying with DrTeeth for a few days and then flying back to Minnesota for the month. So, I am looking forward to seeing him and to seeing all my Twin City friends soon. :)

Anthony said:
Prayers for you, Dear Sula. Hope you get better immediately.

Ant.

i also hope you get well VERY soon! please lie still and let all the liquids circulate through your weak and frail frame, in other words, don't use up excess energy or nutritional intake, like hot cocoa or orange juice (do you have that in Switzerland??) anyway, take good care of yourself and get some good sunshine in that clear alp air. hope you see some beautiful scenery, too!

Anthony, why is your post count just a wee bit above 666?

is this the devils doing?:huh:

Umm, DebbieSG, I think she is fine by now. I hope.

What does your set of beliefs base on? Would surely be interesting to see, sometimes I have difficulties to understand what you say.

Anyway, greez to Sula, and a prayer is always positive.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Umm, DebbieSG, I think she is fine by now. I hope.

What does your set of beliefs base on? Would surely be interesting to see, sometimes I have difficulties to understand what you say.

Anyway, greez to Sula, and a prayer is always positive.

you have trouble understanding me? well, i don't know where YOU come from! are you English? Canadian? Swedish? these places all have different liguistic patterns and idioms...not much like our garbled latin/german base with bad accents, here in the United States! we are very proud of our dialects, btw! dixie, too!

"difficulties to understand what you say" is not proper English! that should be: "difficulties understanding what you are saying"
(general consternation and muffled guffaws) which is probably just another way to say i don't have the right smiley here...

how to explain the "references" that refer to things you have never seen or care to see? so, sorry, but you will just have to stay confused and dazed :shrug:

My beliefs are based on Bono stage characters, and related irish hangers-on...take it or leave it! Cheers!

Last edited:
DebbieSG, thank you for correcting my accent.

I still have difficulties understanding what you are saying in the
Yoga vs. Christianity thread:

" ...while i, myself, gave it up after trouble with proper breathing during contortions that only caused giggles...just not cut out for that kind of stretching! i would recommend some other form of recreation, such as swimming, step aerobics or biking, all just as exhilarating, and less contortions! Your sex may suffer, though, but what a small price to pay for a better spiritual relationship with JESUS!

drop the yoga, let god be your co-pilot! LOL, i know what Sting said, but SOULS can be sold!"

I still have difficulties understanding what you said in the "Stop the chase and stay hungry" - thread:

"nice eastern philosophy"

without bothering to answer my question:

"Is it that eastern? It surely has some resemblances, but the person who spoke that one is from Israel, and living in Costa Rica."

And, in "The Divinity of Jesus" thread:

"you know what's really interesting? while you are going off to do some thinking, the Presbyterians are going off to read the bible and provide you with the TRUTH...believe it or not!"

So, please explain, because I really have difficulties to understand what your set of beliefs bases on. I am not really dazed and confused, though.

And if I forgot to hail the dixie accent you?re proud of, please excuse me. You got a great accent! :bow:

Plus, last question: what do you know about what I have seen or care (or not care) to see? Please explain, I would be curious to hear about the knowledge you want to share :)

Back
Top Bottom