our new church!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Two years ago (July 21, 2001) our sanctuary was struck by lightning and burned down. It was horrible. We started having masses in the parish hall, and started rebuilding the sanctuary. The old building was built in 1970 and like other churches built in that period was a modern-style building. We decided to have the new church built in a traditional style. We had our first services in the new church today. It's beautiful! I love it! Today was a happy day for us!:happy: :happy:

That's great! The church that I've been involved with for 12+ years has always met in a school gymnasium, we've talked about building for a long time and have had property for the last few years. There has been alot of problems with the local government though, for actually getting it underway. Glad you all have a new home! :)

wow, what great news! :heart: good for you and your church home. Hope you have many uplifting and spirit-filled moments there.

My church built a 3x bigger worship center a couple years ago, cos we were growing so much...we're now just this side of a "mega" church! Don't know fi that's a good thing or not...? But at least it means God's family is growing!

Back
Top Bottom