Our first week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well friends, it has been our first full week of having our new forum up and running. And I just wanted to say how thrilled I am at the way it is shaping up. You all have made thought-provoking, deep, and intelligent discussions part of interference life once more.
smile.gif
I sense great potential in this forum, and I'm so enjoying the vibe we are sharing.

Anyways, as you all have probably noticed, Chris (spanisheyes) and I are tagged as the "moderators" of this particular little corner, but I have a feeling that we won't be needing to do much in the way of enforcing rules. As long as things continue as they have, I can't imagine it being needed. However, as discussing matters of faith always has the potential to be a touch-stone for strong opinions and sometimes strong arguments, I did want to throw a few ideas out there and get your feedback on them.

The way I see it, we are a community. We're here to share, to learn and to grow from each other. Not to force others to our opinions. And I think from what I sense so far, that you all feel the same way. So I guess the role that Chris and I would see ourselves taking is that of your representation. Meaning, if you feel that the direction of discussions is getting offensive or inappropriate you should feel totally free to contact either one of us. We want to be of service to this community. Not to broker power.
smile.gif

I doubt there will be any problems. I guess I just wanted to throw that out there more as preventative measure than anything. Your thoughts, ideas, comments, etc. as always are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for making this place a special one. I am really really excited for the future.
smile.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I am really really excited for the future.
smile.gif

-sula

Me too, sula! This place has been great!

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

there's a really strong vibe here...everytime I open up this forum I get this huge wave pour into me

L O V E

smile.gif
first week's been great!

I'm happy to see two fine people as mods.

Hello everyone, and I want to reiterate with Bethany how thrilled I am personally to be a part of this community here in Interference. I'm equally thrilled at the discussion, and meaningful post that have been presented so far. Like many of you, I have longed for a U2 community like this as well.

I do count it a privilege to be an acting moderator here in 'The Goal is Soul' forum, and Bethany and I want you to know that we are here for you in whatever capacity you may need us, as well as the other moderators in Interference.

So welcome all again, and remember, to carry each other.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 01-13-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom