Ok this little assertion about U2 REALLY bums me out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts on this topic come in two categories:

First, I think U2 does an awesome job of keeping their faith separate from their music. While the lyrics show obvious Christian influences, they're not Bible-thumpers. In no way are they associated with the CCM scene.

Second, I am a Christian, and I also have never beaten anyone or forced anyone to have sex with me. I believe these things are disgustingly wrong. But at the same time I believe that all humans have the capacity to do these things. What that woman's boyfriend told her was true: Jesus CAN offer security and salvation. The fact that he did not live out his faith in his daily life and in how he treated her is a shame. No one should have to endure that kind of treatment.

Christianity should not be rejected just because of the behavior of Christians. Christianity teaches that all humans are sinners equally fallen, INCLUDING Christians! I will not try to pass judgement on that woman's boyfriend, but his behavior is clearlyt not representative of how Christians are to behave. Every Christian I know would condemn it. The Bible condemns it.

Back
Top Bottom