Never Underestimate the Power of Prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I don't know about you but sometimes I feel useless reading all the wonderful things that Bono is doing to fight this crisis in Africa when I'm here surrounded by riches compared to those people. But then I realized I also have a powerful force on my side: prayer. And I know how easily that can be overlooked... so I'd like to offer a simple 'reminder' or favor for everyone to pray for Bono and O'Neill while they are in Africa so that things may turn in O'Neill's heart and he can be the catalyst for change in the US's policies with Africa. Prayers for the African people could not hurt, either
smile.gif

thanks for listening,
Carrie

Carrie...we can do the extraordinary everyday in small, but important ways, and not have to feel guilty, because we aren't doing something on the scale of Bono's work in Africa. I agree we must pray for Bono, because we must realize that God has opened the doors for Bono in many ways. You can speak about Bono's talent, you can speak about Bono's charisma, but when it all comes down to it, every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights, God. Therefore, because God has opened many doors for Bono to walk through and be a light to many dark situations, we can do our part by coming alongside of him in prayer, so that God's will be become a little bit more sure in Africa today, as well as tomorrow.

Chris

Thanks, Chris, for all you had to say. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember the first part of what you said.

Gina, nice picture, thanks
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom