Minister Takes HIV Test In Church To Raise AIDS Awareness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I think this is great, especially reinforcing w/ the teenagers about promiscuity/unprotected sex. Sometimes it seems that many people, especially teenagers, have lapsed back into living into denial about the risk of catching HIV. I admire this minister for doing this.

Minister Takes HIV Test at Church
Mon Nov 25

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A Baptist minister took an HIV test in front of his congregation then implored parishioners to do the same after church as part of an effort to raise awareness about AIDS.

Of the 700 members of the True Bethel Baptist Church who watched the Rev. Darius G. Pridgen endure the needle prick, 105 stopped by a nearby charter school to be tested for the virus that causes AIDS, the Buffalo News reported.

Before lively hymns and scripture readings during Sunday worship, Pridgen warned dozens of teenagers in the church about the dangers of sex and promiscuity. "Once you catch (AIDS), you don't just get rid of it. Do not let yourselves die for a few minutes of pleasure," he said.

The effort for mass HIV screening through a church is believed to be one of the first of its kind in the nation, organizers said.

Gina Marie said:
The effort for mass HIV screening through a church is believed to be one of the first of its kind in the nation, organizers said.

Hey, that is great. You know, the church Bono goes to when he's in San Francisco, Glide Memorial, according to what he's said in print, has been regularly offering AIDS tests on site since like 1994.

Re: Re: Minister Takes HIV Test In Church To Raise AIDS Awareness

mebythesea said:

the church Bono goes to when he's in San Francisco, Glide Memorial, according to what he's said in print, has been regularly offering AIDS tests on site since like 1994.

Thanks-I've heard of that church, but I didn't know that!

Back
Top Bottom