Mary Magdaline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok, so I'm writing a paper on the Frankenstein. I want to use Mary Magdaline for a foil to Justine who dies early in the book. What I need though is facts about Mary. Who she was, where she lived, what her sins were specifically, how she was forgiven, her relationship to Christ, and the like. Really specific stuff, or at least where I can find it. If you can help I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks,

Lilly

Here's what we know about Mary Magdalene from the Bible:

-She was one of a group of women who followed Jesus and cared for his needs. (Mark 15:41)

-She was watching from a distance (along with Salome) when Christ was killed. She saw his burial, and was with a couple other women on her way to annoint his body with spices when they discovered the tomb empty and an angel appeared to them. (Mark 15:40-16:8)

-Jesus appeared to her after his ressurection (John 20:10-18)

-Seven demons were cast out of her by Jesus (Luke 8:2)

-From her name, we can assume she was from the town of Magdala on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee.

She's often confused with Mary of Bethany, the sister of Martha and Lazurus, but they are not the same person.

It's spelled Magdalene for starters.
wink.gif
And check yer email. I just sent you everything I could remember off the top of my head.
biggrin.gif

Sweet...spiral_staircase validated what I sent and did it with quotes! *is happy that her memory isn't as faded as she thought it was*
biggrin.gif

I don't really have anything to add about Mary...I was just interested in reading this paper when it's done...if you wouldn't mind forwarding a copy. Earlier this semester I wrote a paper about the women of Frankenstein, but I never explored this aspect of it...I really would like to read this when you finish it...hell, I'll even proof it if you want
wink.gif
After all, I AM going to be an English teacher
biggrin.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I don't really have anything to add about Mary...I was just interested in reading this paper when it's done...if you wouldn't mind forwarding a copy. Earlier this semester I wrote a paper about the women of Frankenstein, but I never explored this aspect of it...I really would like to read this when you finish it...hell, I'll even proof it if you want
wink.gif
After all, I AM going to be an English teacher
biggrin.gif

hippy: It didn't work out the way I wanted it to, but I'll email you my proof process up to where I got stuck. I ended up writing about Frankenstein's selfishness killing his loved ones in an indierect yet direct manner focusing of Justine's role as innocence. Yeehaw!

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Originally posted by Lilly:
hippy: It didn't work out the way I wanted it to, but I'll email you my proof process up to where I got stuck. I ended up writing about Frankenstein's selfishness killing his loved ones in an indierect yet direct manner focusing of Justine's role as innocence. Yeehaw!

Cool! I would like to read it!
smile.gif

hippyactress@hotmail.com

Thanks darling!

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

1. Sula, I know, but when an idea strikes at 12:30 am for a paper due friday, you don't concern yourself with spelling!
wink.gif

2. Thank you all very much! Chris~that website was REALLY good! Thanks to Spiral too for quotes, always good for a paper!

Back
Top Bottom