Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, it's true...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this, thought I'd share:

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said 'Stop! don't do it!' 'Why shouldn't I?' he said. I said, 'Well, there's so much to live for!' He said, 'Like what?' I said, 'Well...are you religious or atheist?' He said, 'Religious.' I said, 'Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?' He said, 'Christian.' I said, 'Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?' He said, 'Protestant.' I said, 'Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?' He said, 'Baptist!' I said, 'Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist church of god or Baptist church of the lord?' He said, 'Baptist church of god!' I said, 'Me too! Are you original Baptist church of god, or are you reformed Baptist church of god?' He said, 'Reformed Baptist church of god!' I said, 'Me too! Are you reformed Baptist church of god, reformation of 1879, or reformed Baptist church of god, reformation of 1915?' He said, 'Reformed Baptist church of god, reformation of 1915!' I said, 'Die, heretic scum,' and pushed him off. --Comedian Emo Phillips

Last edited:
DEATHFUL BLASPHEMY - say "NO MORE!"

The COEXIST display and teaching is deathful blasphemy based on false religious - spiritistic lies.

Each symbol used is in itself pagan/spiritistic in origin, and is modernly used to represent an anti-scriptural religion.

Yahweh hates those symbols and despises those three, as well as all other bloodguilty false religions.

Yahweh has condemned them, and will soon see to their destruction as parts of Satan's world empire of false religions. Their spiritual adultery with the political elements of this world and their disloyalty to the Kingdom of God of the Bible is now plainly in view for everyone to see - and stand back from.

Yahweh's will is for those false religions to NOT EXIST at all.

So, rather than being mislead (to death soon at Armageddon), do not spiritually support the COEXISTENCE or even EXISTENCE of what Yahweh HATES. Instead of "obeying men" or blindly following the teachings of a popular figure, realize that taking spiritual responsibility for yourself and your relationship with God and using spiritual discernment to sort out scriptural truth from man-made non-truths means your life.

Revelation chapters 17 and 18 describe and prophesy about the harlot-like world empire of false religion; called "Babylon the Great." Prophesies of Isaiah regarding "Babylon" tie directly with them to further verify and clarify how Yahweh views the deep spiritual corruption of these entities and how his judgment of them will stand - he will soon have them and their unjust, stubborn supporters destroyed for their community responsibility-shared bloodguilt.

As Revelation 18:4,5 calls out in warning regarding any scripturally false religion, "GET OUT of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind."

Along with this, there have been other death-producing, high spiritual crimes - lies - against God:

One is that Bono has demoted mankind's Ransomer and High Priest, Jesus Christ, the "only-begotten Son" of God, his "first-born of all creation", his "master-worker beside him" and the one true religion that he is global head of the congregation of >>> to the level of a mere man (Muhummad) and three false religions (including apostate "Christianity") which DO NOT adhere to the standards and principles of the Bible written by the God of Abraham - or to the one and only Messiah they prophesied (which is Jesus Christ).

"Exercising faith" in Jesus Christ (John 3:16 and 3:36 is Yahweh's ONLY provision for people to establish a viable relationship with their Creator and Life-Giver. It is the ONLY way for people, by Divine justice, to have their sins atoned for, covered, and forgiven - so that they can be reconciled to God. Exercising faith in Jesus - which includes obeying all of his and God's commandments - is thus the ONLY Way for any human to have the opportunity to live forever. To be misled from this life-essential truth is to be misled to eternal death (which is something Satan wants).

ANOTHER death-producing TRAVESTY is that Yahweh's sacred, Holy Name is being desecrated to masses of people by pagan and spiritistic symbols being displayed on a large, lit-up screen while someone is singing to and about him. Yahweh is serious about his name being kept holy, not polluted by spiritism. He will act. The entire theme of the Bible is about the sanctification of God's name and the rightfulness of his rule over his creation - his own Kingdom. Armageddon is coming, soon, to see these purposes of the Universal Sovereign through to their completion.

That is what Yahweh (Jehovah, in English) is like. He always proves to be whatever it is he needs to be, in order to carry out his purposes. (His name itself correctly means that "He Causes to Become"; rather than the stagnant and merely self-affirming "I Am" that trinitarians teach his name means.) He always follows through on his stated purposes - as Hebrews 6:18 explains, "it is impossible for God to lie."

HE will absolutely and rightly wipe out all sources of blasphemy and profanity of his name soon. Many Scriptures deliver God's warnings with Divine power and authority: Spreading and obeying life-saving truth about Yahweh/Jehovah and his name is essential; but profaning his name means death.

Is this matter urgent? Yes, more than anything else. Tell others.

Last edited:
Those who are daughters of Zion and Abraham's sons in the way that now spiritually matters - since Yahweh no longer works through the fleshly nation of Israel, but instead works through his new, heaven-based spiritual nation, the "Israel of God", "heavenly Mount Zion" and "Jerusalem above", with its spiritually adopted sons and daughters - have already laid down their guns, beaten their swords into plowshares, and "learn war no more."They obey Isaiah 2:2-4 - otherwise, God wouldn't count them as Abraham's childern - they wouldn't qualify to be spiritual heirs unless they did so already. Likewise, earth-futured, close companions of the heirs of God's heavenly kingdom also obey Jehovah/Yahweh and what he says in those verses.

For however many people hear of and really obey what God says in Isaiah 2:2-4, each one of those persons will someone who will indeed "lay down their guns." So spread Jehovah/Yahweh's lifesaving truth.

Last edited:
Looks like most of us are going to hell then. Since all these religions are false.

How do I get into this congregation of three arrows?

And it's really ashame that God wouldn't want us to all get along and somehow coinhabit the earth while living here without killing each other.

Gotta love a good cut-and-paste job.

Anyway, all of this is a matter of faith regardless. I'm just often troubled how non-intellectual Christianity can be at times. While Buddhism encourages the questioning of everything, Christianity seems to equate "questioning" as a sign of weakness.

And, frankly, no one knows what Yahweh hates except for Yahweh Himself.

Melon

here said:
Exercising faith in Jesus - which includes obeying all of his and God's commandments - is thus the ONLY Way for any human to have the opportunity to live forever. To be misled from this life-essential truth is to be misled to eternal death (which is something Satan wants).

As far as "keeping all of God's commandments" being the "only way" to live forever, I invite you to read Romans . What you'll find there is the stated purpose of the Mosaic law - to expose people to the truth of their own sin and thus show them the need for the Savior Jesus christ, since people are unable to live up to God's standards by their own human efforts at works of the law. Romans 6 through 8 is particularly good stuff.

I am not saying that we can now just go ahead and sin and it's "ok". That's abusing God's grace. The Holy Spirit will work through Christians to perform good works, if Christains allow Him to. Hoever, it is not those deeds that will save you. You are only acceptable unto God because of the grace and mercy of God as expressed through Jesus Christ's scarifice on the cross.

The Mosaic Law itself was done away with when Christ's blood put a NEW covenant into effect for those who would truly follow him to become part of Yahweh's new spiritual nation. However, the PRINCIPLES of what was in the "Law" ARE COVERED by Scriptural commands and principles outside of the Law itself. God REQUIRES any who want to be counted among his people, who wish to be part of his new world system here (his incoming global, heaven-based Kingdom government/paradise with no more injustice, pain or even [finally] death, etc.) to BE OBEDIENT to all such scriptural commands and principles. (Hebrews 5:9; John 12:50, 14:21; 1 John 5:2,3; Daniel 2:44; 2 Peter 3:11; Matthew 7:21-23; 2 THESSALONIANS 1:6-8; Revelation 21:1-4; Psalm 37:10,11,29)

The Law covenant was a listing of specific rules, "a tutor leading to Christ." (Galatians 3:24) In itself, it was perfect for its purpose; but humans deviated from it and misapplied its principles - to their own disadvantage. Furthermore, just as false religious leaders do today; false religious leaders of that time added their own warped and unrighteous rules to it - which served their interests as "leaders", but which seriously burdened, misled, and spiritually (and otherwise) abused many who were trying to live under God's arrangement for that time.

When God's Son came to earth, he found that his Father's people were like sheep that had been skinned and thrown about - lost and spiritually mistreated, without any REAL shepherd to care for them. He explained principles of the Law to them, contrasting what had been hurtful wrong application of those rules with what was righteous by principle and thus refreshing. He also taught more principles and commands from his Father, which he had the authority to do. Jesus taught those who would listen to him that they would NEED TO OBEY both him and his Father - valuing "every utterance" coming from his Father as spiritual "bread" needed to stay spiritually alive. (Matthew 4:4) Therefore, people were to OBEY ALL scriptural principles and all the commandments which would stand - which is everything except for the letter of the Law Covenant itself with its particularities for a people, time and place, though its PRINCIPLES are repeated or covered by "the law of the Christ" and are of wider nature, meant for everyone, everywhere, and through on up to our time - the end of this old world system.

And the truth is, God's commandments, like Christ said, "are not burdensome" (1 John 5:3) to those who love godly righteousness and want to see a world full of that instead of what we now have.

P.S. - to another - Yahweh states what it is that he "hates" crystal-clearly, in his own words. Such vital truths are often NOT taught in the "everything's happy/"God is love (and that's it)" Sunday School venues of false "Christianity", etc.

P.P.S. There is no place of eternal mental or physical torture "hell." That concept comes from spiritism and pagan religions, not the teachings of the Bible. The original biblical words "Sheol" and "Hades" (meaning "grave" or hole in the ground); and "Gehenna"/ (meaning a state of permanent destruction from which there is no hope of a resurrection) have been confusingly replaced by humans with a single word, "hell" in many translations - and many religions have also wrongly attached the spiritistic-pagan idea of a place of eternal torture or mental pain onto it. To show that "hell" simply denotes permanent destruction instead of a place of eternal torture, at Revelation 20:14, even "death" and "Hades" ["hell" in some translations] are finally thrown into the "lake of fire" - signifying their end.

Last edited:
You sure speak a lot of nothing. Just a bunch of opinions and pieces, none of which will save anyone. Talk about false prophets, this is the shit false prophets are made of.

Last edited:
"Hades" is the Greek god of the underworld, and considering the audience in which I write this, would be of "pagan" origin in itself. Of course, the old Jewish concept of "Sheol" is a mirror of the Greek concept of "Hades" (also the name of the Greek god's underworld), which would argue a similar "pagan" relationship.

And your long list of Bible quotes do mention "obedience," but do not mention the criteria upon which such "obedience" is judged. That criteria is what you (or your source) has prejudged and is flat out incorrect or irrelevant and taken out of context. Here's one of your passages, but supplemented with plenty of my own:

"And I know that His commandment is eternal life. So what I say, I say as the Father told me." -- John 12:50

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill." -- Matthew 5:17

"Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 7:12

"Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. The commandments, 'You shall not commit adultery; you shall not kill; you shall not steal; you shall not covet,' and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this saying, (namely) 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is the fulfillment of the law." -- Romans 13:8-10

These are the "vital truths," not the ritualistic nonsense that you wrote above.

Melon

here's opinions are exactly why I think all religion should be banned. Talk about creating more problems for the world!

MissMoo said:
here's opinions are exactly why I think all religion should be banned. Talk about creating more problems for the world!

You don't really think that all religions should be banned, do you?

My religion, globally and consistently, through two world wars and more, has produced, byinfar, the bulk of all conscientious objectors in this world. As it is, there are 1600 young men in one country sitting in prison for refusing to pick up arms against their fellow men.

If everyone followed the religion I wholeheartedly promote, THERE WOULD BE NO WAR in this world.

We HAVE laid down our guns, already, in obedience to Isaiah 2:2-4. We HAVE a supranational brotherhood already. We hold God's own words as the Authority - for worship and for God's requirements of those claiming to be his worshipers. We champion and defend God's personal name: Yahweh/Jehovah/Ieova, etc., as it is naturalized into the languages of this world, as is God's express will so that people can come to recognize who he uniquely is.

False "Christianity" and other sectors of Satan's world empire of FALSE religion, in contrast, have made this earth a bloodbath for centuries - being deeply involved in nationalism, and promoting lies "in the name of God" to serve their own power interests.

What a sham.

If you REALLY care about this world becoming a place of TRUE peace, help do Jehovah/Yahweh's work of using his words and spirit to change people's hearts to be peaceful, just, righteous, and true.

Everyone in this time of the end IS hearing about these issues and making their choices - just like Yahweh said they would. (Matthew 24:14)

Those who choose Satan's world system with its deathful values will pass away with it, soon, at Armageddon.

Those who choose Jehovah's Kingdom and individually submit to the Creator and Jesus' Christ's rule right on down into their heart, mind, and actions will form the foundation of the peaceful new world society here on earth. After Armageddon, we will live here in peace, happiness, and love, as one global family, forever - with no more sickness, pain, tears or death.

Last edited:
80sU2isBest said:

You don't really think that all religions should be banned, do you?

By prophesy, soon all religions WILL be "banned", so to say. It will happen suddenly.....

All at once, the kings of the earth will get the thought in their head (God will put it there) to do away with false religion - seeing as most of it is to blame for so much trouble in this world with its meddling in politics and also with commerce.

All of a sudden, the kings of the earth will give their authority and cooperation to a multinational political creation of man to destroy the false religious elements of this world that now enjoy spiritually adulterous, mutually "beneficial" relationships with the kings of the earth.

The destruction of the world empire of false religion will seem like the way that ungodly men get to achieve "peace and security." (Even though that claimed "peace and security" will not really exist under Satan's world system.) [1 Thessalonians 5:3]

People, globally, will be divided into two groups at this point:

There will be a relatively small group of those whose religion, being true and not part of Satan's world system, will still be intact, faithful and loyal to Yahweh/Jehovah, obeying him, and doing his will.

Then there will be a seemingly "bigger" crowd: Satan, his spirit forces, and the majority of people on this earth - who still believe Satan's propaganda that men are best off without being under rules from God - his Sovereignty. That will continue to suit the fleshly and selfish desires of many. The wicked will be fierce in their ungodliness, indeed. This "side" is prophetically referred to in Ezekiel as "Magog", with Satan, its leader, being called "Gog."

Gog with his crowd Magog will come up against Jehovah/Yahweh's loyal, peaceful people. At that time, when Satan's side moves to "attack"; Jesus Christ with his heavenly army as well as God's "four winds of destruction" will quickly wipe out every single last unrighteous opposer of God (and his loyal worshipers).

Then those loyal to the Creator will enjoy a new beginning here on earth. ( A "few" left yet on earth will then go to heaven to join the rest of those chosen to be kings and priests, working under Jesus, who are already there, to help rule over the earth.) The whole world will become like the Garden of Eden, and those who are obedient and loyal to their heavenly Father and his Son will live forever in paradise here.

This information is based on God's books of Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel, Matthew chapters 24 and 25, and more.

Do not think that God is unrighteous so as not to be serious about ending the injustice and trouble in this world.

Prophecy has been coming true just like God said it would. It is also amazing to watch it develop. 'Better do as he says - all of this is happening, and it does seems like it is speeding up.

Last edited:
here said:

Do not think that God is unrighteous so as not to be serious about ending the injustice and trouble in this world.

I don't think that, not at all. I was born again 25 years ago, and while I know God will bring an end to the injustice and trouble to this world, I know that he has already brought victory to me; I already have the victory in Christ, as does anyone who is indeed born again.

So to some up Here's posts(all 34 or so of them); doom and gloom is near, we're all worshiping in false's religions, I'll speak in cut and paste phrases without really saying anything about what this world needs to do, and I won't answer any real questions posed to me.

Honestly here, without speaking in these cut and paste terms, just tell us what we need to do because you seem so knowledgeable about what we as mankind need to do. You say God isn't love, the cross is hated, and that most of us are under satan's(and of course he has horns and anyone who wears horns are on satan's side :rolleyes:) rule.

So please tell us in plain english how to break these bonds of Satan's rule.

I haven't cut and pasted any of this - though I have often been accused of that.
I am not a beginner message-board writer....

(Just wanted to add to my previous post -

Satan [Gog] and his forces will try to use the same entity that will destroy false religion to try to destroy the true one.

That entity has already proven to be an idol to many. It has been referred to by one [false] religious leader as mankind's "last hope of concord and peace." If that "Christian" religious leader was true to his duties as a follower of Christ, especially as a teacher; he would never have uttered such blasphemy: He would have instead preached that, according to the Creator's own words, the real heaven-based Kingdom of God - his government for this globe headed by his own appointed, perfect, and promised King Jesus Christ is mankind's "last hope of concord and peace" - NOT that institution of faulty, limited man.

Bono, during a recent show, said something to the effect of how he hoped "we" could get rid of the monster without becoming a monster...

This comment was made in the context of a performance that was in part decrying the war-mongering of some religions...

Look carefully at the whole picture. Pay attention to what God says will happen.

The time is drawing close.

Where will you stand?

Who is demanding your highest obedience and allegiance?

Who rightfully deserves it?

Who will you end up serving?

What will be the result?)

Last edited:
here said:
(Just wanted to add to my previous post -

Satan [Gog] and his forces will try to use the same entity that will destroy false religion to try to destroy the true one.

That entity has already proven to be an idol to many. It has been referred to by one [false] religious leader as "mankind's last hope for peace." If that "Christian" religious leader was true to his duties as a follower of Christ, especially as a teacher; he would never have uttered such blasphemy: He would have instead preached that, according to the Creator's own words, the real heaven-based Kingdom of God - his government for this globe headed by his own appointed, perfect, and promised King Jesus Christ is "mankind's last hope for peace" - NOT that institution of faulty, limited man.

Bono, during a recent show, said something to the effect of how he hoped "we" could get rid of the monster without becoming a monster...

This comment was made in the context of a performance that was in part decrying the war-mongering of some religions...

Look carefully at the whole picture. Pay attention to what God says will happen.

The time is drawing close.

Where will you stand?

Who is demanding your highest obedience and allegiance?

Who rightfully deserves it?

Who will you end up serving?

What will be the result?)

Yeah I didn't think you could. You speak around it, but you haven't once said what is the "truth".

Jesus Christ in prayer to Jehovah/Yahweh, his heavenly Father, the night before he died, regarding his true followers - who would also preach God's messages to the world, until the end of this system of things:

"Sanctify them by means of THE TRUTH; YOUR WORD IS TRUTH." (John 17:17)

here said:
Jesus Christ in prayer to Jehovah/Yahweh, his heavenly Father, the night before he died, regarding his true followers - who would also preach God's messages to the world, until the end of this system of things:

"Sanctify them by means of THE TRUTH; YOUR WORD IS TRUTH." (John 17:17)

Ok nice quote, but you spent a lot of energy in here telling us how a lot of Christianity is a false religion and you haven't shown one shred of truth as to why that is.

Better yet you haven't shown why the idea of getting along is wrong.

You know how U2 made a song "40" out of the beginning of Psalm 40....

What would their melody to this sound like???

Psalm 2 (Maybe U2 would want to refer to it as "2") -

"Why have the nations been in tumult
And the national groups themselves kept muttering an empty thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand
And high officials themselves have massed together as one
Against Jehovah and against his anointed one,
[Saying:] 'Let us tear their bands apart
And cast their cords away from us!'
The very One sitting in the heavens will laugh;
Jehovah themself will hold them in derision.
At that time he will speak to them in his anger
And in his hot displeasure he will disturb them,
[Saying;] 'I, even I, have installed my king
Upon Zion, my holy mountain.'
Let me refer to the decree of Jehovah;
He has said to me:'You are my son;
I, today, I have become your father.
Ask of me, that I may give nations as your inheritance
And the ends of the earth as your own possession.
You will break them with an iron scepter,
As though a potter's vessel you will dash them to pieces.'
And now, O kings, exercise insight;
Let yourselves be corrected, O judges of the earth.
Serve Jehovah with fear
And be joyful with trembling.
Kiss the son, that He may not become incensed
And you may not perish [from] the way,
For his anger flares up easily.
Happy are all those taking refuge in him."

(They could substitute the Hebrew form of God's personal name (Yahweh) in there, yes, or they could keep the more common English form, Jehovah, as Bono referred to both in "U2 at the End of the World" and a piece he once did on Bob Marley.)

Last edited:
Hello "Here". I remember you well from Zootopia, although you went by a different name. It's clearly you.:yes:
You are the fastest typer I have ever seen!
You are a witness, I believe.

Witness

theresa1

aka

Theresa2U
(in another musical realm, which I have left)

Last edited:
So here's a couple questions for you:

1) Are you a Jehovah's Witness? I have to ask, due to your use of "Jehovah" and your former name, "Witness."

2) If you are, how do you answer that, in the end, only 100,000 Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved, but, worldwide, there are over 6 million members? What happens to the other 5.9 million and how can you be so sure you're part of the 0.1 million?

Melon

(I never used a former screen name called "Witness" anywhere.)

"After these things I saw, and, look!

A GREAT CROWD, WHICH NO MAN WAS ABLE TO NUMBER, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep crying with a loud voice, saying:"Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.....And in response one of the elders said to me:'These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where do they come from?' So right away I said to him:'My lord, you are the one that knows.' And he said to me: 'THESE ARE THE ONES THAT COME OUT OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION, and they have washed there robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:9,10,13,14)

"Jehovah is NOT SLOW respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because HE DOES NOT DESIRE ANY TO BE DESTROYED but desires all to ATTAIN TO REPENTANCE. Yet Jehovah's day will come as a thief...do your utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace. Furthermore, consider the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul [the apostle] according to the wisdom given him also wrote you; speaking about these things as he does also in all [his] letters. In them, however, are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unsteady are twisting, as [they do] also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:9,10,14-16)

Last edited:
Belief that the number of Christians going to heaven is limited to exactly 144,000, while the remainder of mankind have the hope of living forever on an "earthly paradise" (Rev 14:1; Rev 7:9; Matt 5:5; Psa 37:9, 10)

I have heard this more than once, so I'm guessing you do not believe that only 144,000 are going to heaven?

And, out of curiosity, what about those who die before the Second Coming? Do they merely disintegrate into oblivion? Head into a form of "Sheol"?

Melon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom