Interesting Bono quote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocu2fan

The Fly
I posted this a while back in the main forum and it just disappeared so I figured I would try it again here where you all might appreciate it more...

"At a time when religion seems so often to get in the way of God's work, with its shopping mall sale's pitch and its bumper sticker reductionism, I give thanks just for the sanity of Billy Graham. For that clear, emphatic voice of his in that Southern accent. Part poet, part preacher. A singer of the human spirit, I'd say. Yeah, I give thanks for Billy Graham. Thank you Billy Graham." - Bono (Thanksgiving 2001)

Has Bono ever met Billy Graham? I know in Flanagan's book he writes about Bono being impressed with Mr. Graham and what he said at Bill Clinton's inaugration. I guess recently he met with Billy's son, Franklin, over the Drop the Debt/AIDS in Africa issue. Anybody else no anything about Bono and the Grahams?

Thanks for posting that..Bono is definitely a tough one to figure out...for all his rock n roll and anarchy talk...at times the things he says are just so unrock-star like..interesting quote. All in all, I respect Billy Graham. Most of the things I've heard him say make sense... and I appreciate the insight he's given on our presiedents and Johnny Cash
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom