I'm alive, im being born...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
uwwedoogie, those words are full of Hope and Promise - new life and new beginnings!

Maybe that's why they're so special to you. :wink:

I love them too!

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

"she will suffer the needle chill, she's running to stand still" gives me a tingle.

Yes... I feel like that with the entire song (Yahweh).

Also... you know the very end of With Or Without You... where Edge hits the highest note during the fade out? Ouch... :drool:

Last edited:
Currently, Original of the Species and Sometimes from the new record are working it for me. With Original, Bono captures the beauty, intensity, and irrationality of parental love to point a pin-prick of vocal vision at the apathy of the soul.
"I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you're not
Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it"
love, Anu

Tingly U2 moments..... I've got a few...

With or without you, before the final chorus, and kind of through it. It is a musical masterpeice, and like many great songs it's climax is sort of unavoidable.

Drowning Man has tremdous passion in it. It is similar to With or Without you, because it has a brooding and building atmosphere to it. "Hold on, and hold on tightly. Hold on, and hold on tightly. Rise up, rise up. With wings like eagles... you'll run, you'll run, you'll run and not grow weary. Hold on, and hold on tightly, hold on and hold on tightly to this love lasts forever."

U2's version of "Unchained Melody" holds a spot in my heart... personal reasons I assure you.

Of course, the ultimate and best, favorite moment comes from my favorite song, and often times just hearing the first string of the guitar being stroked is enough. PRIDE is my favorite song, and I can't describe what it means to me, so I won't even try. The passion sort of just electirfies out from it, and especially the final verse into the final choruse.

"They took your life. They could not take your Pride..."

Even just thinking about it...
I had "PRIDE" put on the side of my high school graduation ring
:) :yes: :rockon:

I have never heard anything like Pride, so it is sort of undisputably the best for me.

Last edited:
sulawesigirl4 said:
"this love is just a drop in the ocean" gives me shivers.

The first time I heard that part, I wanted to shout for joy! It made me feel really good and I didn't know why. I guess God walked through the room...

Pretty much all of COBL gives me tingles.

"Time...won't leave me as I am...and time won't take the boy out of this man"

"The more you know the less you feel, some pray for, others steal. Blessings are not just for the one's who kneel....:wink: luckily"

Yahweh's last verse is tingly too:

"Take this city...a city should be shining on a hill,take this city if it be your will."

And finally, this wonderful, beautiful moment in Miracle Drug that I will not likely ever forget:

"God...I need your...help tonight....[:rockon: Edge guitar solo] Beneath the noise, below the din, I hear your voice it's whispering, in science and in medicine, 'I was a stranger YOU TOOK ME IN!'

:ohmy: :love:

Let's see. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" just takes my breath away everytime I hear it. I truly believe it's the greatest song of all time, and the fact that it is an all out praise to God and a cry for Him makes it even better. I love "Walk On" It does the same thing. I cry everytime I listen to it. "Yahweh" is amazing. "Exit" literally gives me chills. Bono has explained that it's written about a backslidden Christian, and the way his voice sounds and the music itself is just chilling. I actually feel like something evil enters the room when I hear it, and I love it because it reminds me of the danger that happens when we move away from God. Bono has said that he has "difficulty singing it live because it makes [me] feel so evil." I love U2. God Bless them, they are being used in ways greater than anything we've ever known, since Jesus walked the earth. I truly believe that. Many great men and women of God are walking the earth right now, and I love all of them, but U2 just has the anointing of God on a level that's unexplainable. :applaud:

Anu said:
Currently, Original of the Species and Sometimes from the new record are working it for me. With Original, Bono captures the beauty, intensity, and irrationality of parental love to point a pin-prick of vocal vision at the apathy of the soul.
"I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you're not
Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it"
love, Anu

I absolutely adore this song, as a job i work with people who have aspergers syndrome (a kind of mild autism, you may have heard of Bill Gates linked with it) and have been targeted and ridiculed by people because some individuals may appear different socially.
I have some great friends with the syndrome, some extremely sensitive, focussed caring, highly intelligent people. Working with a group they begin to see for themselves what they have got. I think of certain people a lot when i hear this song. Like the whole of Yahweh it gives me a huge welling up of emotion. I love to listen to those two songs on an isolated beach at evening time especially.

Another one would have to be "Last Night On Earth" from POP. I've heard that it's actually about the rapture, and the girl in question is actually trying to witness for Jesus. Hence, the light around her that no one else has in the video. If you really p)ay attention, "She's not waiting on a Savior to come" sounds bad at first, but then you realize too many Christians are doing just that ignoring the world around them and just getting in their, as Bono put it, "bless-me clubs". They're just "waiting on Jesus to take us out" rather than trying to help change the world for Jesus. The next lyric "She's at the bus stop with the News of the World and The Sun (Son? perhaps) (The Gospel of Jesus, News of the World?) and the chorus (You gotta give it away) We can't just sit in our churches and tell God to touch the world, WE have to go out as the hands, feet and everything else of Jesus and help people understand. It's one of U2's most underrated, and one my favs. God Bless!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

Last edited:
uwwedoogie said:
i just have to say that gives me the tingle inside..i dunno why the full verse not just the two sentences

This has further enriched the song for me, thank you. I think a message is very special too. The only bit that occasionally spoils it for me is remembering a claim by a newspaper that chris Martin said he wrote the song in the nude, too much detail there if i'm eating my fried breakfast at the time.

Getting back to U2 Walk on always moves me that line "a singing bird in an open cage, who will only fly for freedom" and the way it is sung. It hit me all the more when i heard Aung Sun SUU Kyi true story and all she gave up including her family to fight for a better future for her country. What a massive heart.
Take care - Jules

coldplay replt my IT skills suck

Sorry i meant quote from the song square one right back at the start of this thread, how do you do that highlight bit in white anyway when you're using part of someones quote. I'd be much obliged - DOH - Homer Simpsons toe nail

If you want to quote you simply hit the the quote icon on the post. It's the last one on the right! God Bless!

"What no man can ow...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

Another line that does it for me "Freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby's head" Amazing. The entire song "Gloria" does the same. I also love "Time won't let me as I am, but time won't take the boy out of this man." ( I simply replace "boy and "man", w/"girl" and "woman". LOL) I can't explain what that means to me..God Bless!!

U2isthebest said:
Another line that does it for me "Freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby's head" Amazing. The entire song "Gloria" does the same. I also love "Time won't let me as I am, but time won't take the boy out of this man." ( I simply replace "boy and "man", w/"girl" and "woman". LOL) I can't explain what that means to me..God Bless!!

I love the Freedom line i reallw well up at times when i hear this, it reminds me of holding my son for the first time as well as the actual meaning itself.
I also love the "love and logic will keep us clear" - some people (or so it seems to me) seem to talk as love and logic as exclusive to each other, i don't see it that way at all. In fact if i'm really upset or annoyed if i can meditate my head clears and i can see where and how to tread more easily.
What no man can own, no man can take" - he sings that beautifully doesn't he, very pure in a paradoxically strained world weary? way. Your posts are great, thanks a lot - jules

All of those are very moving songs. Two that I have recently discovered are "When You Look at the World" and "Grace" from AYCLB. Grace has changed the world and if we saw the world from God's perspective, what a different place it would be!

God bless.

gamecockvic said:
All of those are very moving songs. Two that I have recently discovered are "When You Look at the World" and "Grace" from AYCLB. Grace has changed the world and if we saw the world from God's perspective, what a different place it would be

Hi u2isthebest and gamecockvic
I am a believer in that i believe in the unity at and beyond all religions, i also agree that Grace has changed the world despite much hatred and evidence to the contrary. Theres still a long way to go but from the examples of people such as Gandhi and Martin Luther King amazing grace and inspired action has changed the world. On an everyday level i have felt and seen Grace move and flow in myself and others. - love - jules. p.s. - When you look at the world, what an incredibly emotive and HONEST song

gobshite

Do you practice a particular religion or are you open to all? I am a christian who is lucky to belong to a church where love is actually practiced! We have an actual band and we hear "religious" and "secular" music, including U2, Coldplay, Nickleback, etc songs. The last 2 weeks the band did Beautiful Day and Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own.

God bless you.

Hi Gamecocksvic
A little background, hope you find it of interest.
I am open to all, i practice a form of meditation (not seemingly commercial like the beatles maharishee) popularised by a guy called Ramana Maharshi, he died in the 1950's and it was popularised in books such as the secret self and the quest of the overself. It encourages you to look inside and then find a link with God/the infinite etc.
I'd need to talk in a lot more detail to explain it properly but it may be of interest that after years of searching i stumbled upon this very old dog eared copy in a secondhand bookshop in 1993 i never normally went to and it just felt and continues to feel right for me. It is also linked to mindfulness meditation popularised by budhism but present in all religions in the appreciation of the moment fully as it happens.
As well as the joy these practices give me in appreciating the alive beauty of nature, interactions and observations with people it has notched up my appreciation of music and of course u2s music. I identify with the struggle as well as joy of life and trying to use it's force in a kind of mental judo than be blown away by the hurricane, I stress i will always be a beginner at all of this stuff, in the words of the dude "some days are better than others"

Gamecocsvic i also meant to say at the start of my post i'm really glad you've found a genuine community, i've found whatever the religion there is frequently a lot of backbiting in these organisations together with some amazing genuine people. The music sounds fantastic, tell me more about your faith and practice i'd love to hear - take care - jules

Jules

I drop by this board, usually every few months, to see what spiritual impact U2 has had on people. I believe that all people are separated from God because of sin. I believe Jesus is God and that He chose to take on human form. I believe Jesus was born of a virgin and was a "perfect" sacrifice for the sins of the world. I believe Jesus is the way to Heaven and that God wants a relationship with us. I would refer you to Genesis, where God sought Adam for a walk "in the cool of the evening."

I believe christians should love others and sacrifice themselves for others. We do a poor job overall of conveying that to non-christians. Jesus said we would be known by our love. Like Bono, I am counting on Grace, not Karma!

God bless.

gamecockvic said:
Jules

I drop by this board, usually every few months, to see what spiritual impact U2 has had on people. I believe that all people are separated from God because of sin. I believe Jesus is God and that He chose to take on human form. I believe Jesus was born of a virgin and was a "perfect" sacrifice for the sins of the world. I believe Jesus is the way to Heaven and that God wants a relationship with us. I would refer you to Genesis, where God sought Adam for a walk "in the cool of the evening."

I believe christians should love others and sacrifice themselves for others. We do a poor job overall of conveying that to non-christians. Jesus said we would be known by our love. Like Bono, I am counting on Grace, not Karma!

God bless.

Well said! I believe the same way. I too have learned a lot from Bono and the other members of U2 in terms of what a living, active faith walk is. Their music is permeated w/the presence and praise and even anger and doubt w/God. All of these are valid, and I question, how one can live a Christian life and not experience them. They have been used in my life in countless ways, and I will forever be greatful to God for bringing them into my life, and for them responding to the call God placed on them. Their success, their testimony really is no accident. I love the story Bono told a few years ago about the time when he was 16, and praying and telling God that he had no plans for his life, so he was avaliable for whatever God had for him. Within 2 months, Bono said, he began dating Ali, and U2 had formed (although not as "U2" yet obviously. As one of my favorite preachers, T.D. Jakes, says "Nothing Just Happens" Hallelujah to U2 and the Spirit moving through their work and lives. My e-mail address is jesusgirl06@yahoo.com. Feel free to contact me, so we can communicate more! I look forward to hearing from you! God Bless!

Hey u2 is and game i thank you for your wonderfully sincere, eloquent and above all passionate posts, hope to hear more from you. Iwasn't sure if the email invitation was meant for me as well as game but i'll gladly drop you a line if you like that. May the most deeply found incomparable peace and aliveness of the spirit touch you both always julesx

Back
Top Bottom