I Was Blind But Now I See

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rica

The Fly
I have just registered as a new user today after clicking thru this great site this week. I was a really big fan in the early 80's but as the band's popularity grew, I fell further away as a true fan. I remember being taunted for wearing my jeans jacket w/ a big U2 patch on the back in middle school but then the same people who mocked my musical taste were big into U2 when Joshua Tree came out - this really pissed me off. A lot has happened in my life the past 20 years (needs to be discussed over a pint and face to face conversation to open up about my spiritual journey)but here I am again back again in full circle.

I saw Elevation in Providence, RI and was too into my wife's needs who had recently lost her father to cancer to really focus on the message that night. I remember reaching under my shirt and grabbing the cross I wore screaming Thank You God internally but never mentioned it until now to a bunch of strangers on the internet. ATYCLB really helped my wife and continues to help her thru her struggle and pain of her Dad's loss. I teased her a lot saying she was a Jehovah Witness for Bono after she would show all her friends the Live in Boston DVD and our two children (3 and 4) singing most words of U2 songs due to her constantly playing their CD's but now I realize the hope she thrives on in their music.

Reading the posts opened my eyes to a message I thought I was hearing but due to the hectic pace of life was being drowned out. I can not wait to re-listen to my CD's and share with my wife, and hopefully this board, my thoughts and feelings. God has been calling my name my whole life and I have responded (or sometimes have not) in many different ways. Music is very important to me and I feel U2's music is form of prayer - a message of Love and Hope. I can't wait to praise our Creator thru this music; helping me to reflect on my choices already behind and the ones that are ahead on my path in life. Thank you to U2 and fans for sharing honest experiences and thoughts.

OMG...Rica!!! Was it the 30th or the 31st show in Providence? I was there! That's where I became a believer---right there in the Dunkin Donuts Center of all places. I have that concert on CD if you'd like a chance to hear it again.... :heart:

Welcome Rica! Thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to hearing more from you.

P.S. "Turn each song into a prayer." from U2's song Always (a b-side on the Beautiful Day single)

it was the 30th show - a Spiritual Whole in the Donut Hole! My wife and I were so torn about going back again for the 31st to try and find tix but we could not leave our 2 children with a babysitter on Halloween. I would love a copy of the show if you have the 30th = can we do a BnP offer? :applaud:

rica said:
it was the 30th show - a Spiritual Whole in the Donut Hole! My wife and I were so torn about going back again for the 31st to try and find tix but we could not leave our 2 children with a babysitter on Halloween. I would love a copy of the show if you have the 30th = can we do a BnP offer? :applaud:

I don't know what BnP means? But I can and will give you the show? Do you remember when Bono climbed out in the stands during Bad and sang to a little girl and asked her name and she shouted out "I love you!!"? Her mom posts on here (BostonAnne)! She's got some great pics of that.

But anyways....lemme know if you want me to send the concert over here or an actual CD. K? :up:

I remember that scene - my wife and I were hanging over the railing on the other end of the back of the stage (behind Edge) WOW. you just brought me back to the show and that whole scene.

BnP stands for blanks and postage. I mail you blank CD's plus a self addressed and pre-paid envelope so you can burn the shows, put them in my mailer and just put it in the mailbox. I am more than willing to do a BnP or if you have extra blanks I would love a copy. Please e-mail me so we can agree on the details. THANK YOU!! abart@onebeacon.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom