I think I had a spiritual attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

famous rungi

Acrobat
http://answering-islam.org/Life/attack.html

Gist of it:
I've been reading up on philosophy books
just to suss out Christianity
and suss out what atheists think of it
and have been troubled by what I've found
The only comforting tract is CS Lewis' writings
So...

Last night
couldn't sleep
kept having doubts about God
yet was praying to Him desperately
kept feeling like I would see a demon appear in my bedroom any second
there was a disturbing fear
It's a wonder I got any sleep at all.
Sigh. Back to work.

Sorry for writing in this manner.

foray

the Lord is still with you, fear not. i know how it is when you study other religions, but you need to know that Jesus is there for you whenever you need Him, He will never give you more than you can handle.

have faith ;)

:heart: lilly

God is just calling you closer.
It's scary when we are being called somewhere we not sure of.
I find in my own life that when I start to move closer to God,
I often have fears of the Devil (or demons), but evil can't touch you unless you consent to cooperate with it. Sort of like a scare tactic to keep you from coming closer to God.
Keep reading CS Lewis. He was a former atheist who came to embrace God fully in a very conventional Christian way. Mere Christianity is a classic piece of writing.
It doesn't matter who or where we are, God calls us all in a personal way.

I agree with Bulow. I think when we are coming closer to where God wants us to be things can sometimes get scary. It's sort of like self doubt. For instance, I enjoy writing but am plagued with self doubt that hinders me from persuing a career in writing. I like to label that self doubt as evil, something that is stopping me from reaching my potential (maybe because something doesn't want me to be the person God knows I can be). In the same way, maybe you were scared and had these unsettling feelings because something was trying to throw you off course.

I hope that makes sense and doesn't sound crazy. Sometimes I get that sensastion too- that I'm going to see something I don't want to, or hear/feel it, etc. and I just pray to God (it goes something like this: please dont let me see hear feel touch sense imagine anything I don't want to. So far so good! :D)

peace- Olive

hey fors, you posted this awhile ago, I remember reading it. I get those moments too, well kind of like that, like what if there really isn't anything and the world as we see it now is just as it is. But that's where faith comes in. No one ever said it was easy to believe.
And who is to say what God is truly like. I can't speculate on it, and I also can't write out other religions. I think they are all the same, as different as they are.

you ever read A Ring of Endless Light? just a random question. It's not hard reading, it is a children's book but it is THE most amazing book I have ever read, and probably ever will read. it gave me such peace.

anyway hope you're feeling better about this.

My attack never happened again but now my mother's having more severe ones. When she is dreaming, lucidly, she sometimes feels someone bearing down on her, or suffocating her, or coming in thru the windows. When that happens, she uses her inner will power to resist the 'force'. She's a tough oldie, my mother :) almost a jedi.

And yes, we think it is a witch doctor. They are common even in the cities!

foray

Back
Top Bottom