I need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
girlhappy said:
Hay!
I just wanted to share...that i need some of u2s faith,things are pretty gloomy for me at this point. Anyone?

Hi,
Are you a Christian? If so, I can share some things with you that I have gone through, and how the Lord pulled me through. If you're not a Christian, I will gladly share the Gospel with you.

The specifics of the following story probably will not apply to you, but the lessons I learned may help you.

In January of 2002, after 4 successful years of working for a software company, I ventured out into business for myself. I must say that my business has not been very successful, but it was even worse the first year and a half. During that time, I hardly got any work at all. I was living on unemployment and the odd contract and job here and there.

During this time, Satan constantly bombarded me with thoughts of "loser" and "failure". I started to believe it, and it was depressing. But God started to teach me a valuable lesson.

That lesson is "walk by faith, not by sight".

God wanted me to trust in His truth and His word, not the lies of that evil rat bastard Satan. And the truth of God's word is that all Christians are victorious, not failures. But that's hard to believe when every physical circumstance in your sight tells you the exact opposite.

So, through God's grace, instruction and the Holy Spirit, I decided to put my faith in the truth - the truth found in the Bible. Satan used the physical circumstances around me to try to convince me I was a total failure and loser. But from studying God's word, I know that I am not a failure or loser - I am "more than conqueror" and I have "victory in Jesus", not "I WILL have victory in Jesus", but "I HAVE victory in Jesus". it all really came down to making this decision:

In whom do I choose to trust: Satan, the "Father of Lies", who hates me and has, from day one, tried to destroy me and my faith, or God, who loves me and always speaks the truth?

I chose the latter, and learned to look past the physical circumstances and see Christ. In Him do I trust. He has never failed me and never will.

And that is what I urge you to do. Put your faith in Christ and know that He loves you and will work great things through you if you allow Him to, depsite what Satan throws at you. Just keep the eyes of your heart and spirit focused on Christ.

Can I recommend an author to you? I’ve come to love Phillip Yancey’s work, and I suspect you will find him to be a source of comfort and strength at a difficult time in your spiritual walk. While I suspect any of his books would help you, “Reaching for the Invisible God” puts a voice to our hardest questions and our often unspoken fears. I found it a source of immeasurable comfort during a time in my life where my own spirituality was tested, and it has proven to be a source of renewal and hope in the years since.

It’s likely your library either has a copy or can order one for you, or you should be able to find an inexpensive softcover version at your local Borders or Barnes and Noble. You can also read an excerpt at Amazon.com.

I wish you many blessings as your journey continues. God loves those who struggle with their faith every bit as much as those to whom faith comes easily, and I believe you will find the grace, mercy, and peace you need as you prayerfully seek His face in the coming weeks and months.

Please let us know how you are doing—I know I speak for many when I tell you that I care about your struggles.

read the Pslams...it always helps me realize that others feel the same way I do at times:)

press>>>play

Trust yourself,
Trust yourself to do the things that only you know best.
Trust yourself,
Trust yourself to do what's right and not be second-guessed.
Don't trust me to show you beauty
When beauty may only turn to rust.
If you need somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

Trust yourself,
Trust yourself to know the way that will prove true in the end.
Trust yourself,
Trust yourself to find the path where there is no if and when.
Don't trust me to show you the truth
When the truth may only be ashes and dust.
If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

Well, you're on your own, you always were,
In a land of wolves and thieves.
Don't put your hope in ungodly man
Or be a slave to what somebody else believes.

Trust yourself
And you won't be disappointed when vain people let you down.
Trust yourself
And look not for answers where no answers can be found.
Don't trust me to show you love
When my love may be only lust.
If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

~bob dylan

Is there anyway we can pray for you girlhappy? I'm praying for you anyway, just wondered if there was something specific to pray for. (Of course, if you don't want to share, that's understandable too.)

Hang in there. :hug:

Last edited:
You are so nice, coemgen. Yes, prayers are more than welcomed.
You can pray for my emotional stability, for love, for lovely dreams instead nightmares and to find permanent job. As you can see, there is too many things to pray for.
So, maybe the most important is: if only i could fill my heart with love

Back
Top Bottom