I just watched a video that says U2 are agents of Satan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw that picture from the link where Bono is standing with Edge on a live performance and it does look like an inverted cross from here but then again he's wearing the NORMAL cross, then you hear his speeches, how he is inspired by the bible to write lyrics, how positive he speaks about Christianity, his family background, etc. So it doesn't make sense to me for him to wear a cross like that. Well, I am not even 100% sure if that is an inverted cross to be honest because it does look like a rose cross.

Has Bono been asked before on an interview about it?

Chino

Chino said:

Has Bono been asked before on an interview about it?

No, because it's pretty obvious that it isn't an inverted cross. Take a look at pictures from the R&H era you'll see the necklace pop up quite a bit and it's blatantly obvious.

thebutler said:
Yep.
Joe Schimmel, who made the video made up out of cut up rockumentary clips, is a bit confused. I know, I've researched his work since 2003 and met the guy last year.

He is clouded by legalism and completely obsessed with Satan. He's got it so bad I think he's probably having the problem he says young people are having with pop music himself.
If he could find out about grace, he might relax.

His research is so bad he didn't even know Alice Cooper's been a committed christian for almost 15 years. He looks for bad stuff and always finds it.
And he's so obsessed; he read an article on U2's Achtung Baby period and explained all the ironic bits as evil. He's simply confused in his legalism.

What I don't appreciate is that he dumps this guilt he's carrying on imperssionable young people who happen to come (or are forced to go) to his seminars.

If you are not under manipulative influences you'll probably laugh at this, but if you are already being manipulated you may be lured in further because of the sheer force and intensity of Joe Schimmel's obsession.

The Bible has warnings about this type of guilt ridden legalism. You've got to think for your self and seek God's grace and wisdom (if you believe). But this sucks big time, 'cause it can screw up people.

This guy seems very interesting. Are there any sites where there is a comparison between views of guys like him and the views of actual rockstars. I tried looking it up myself but all I can find is that stupid vhs/dvd about his psychodelic guilt trip on young impressionable minds. I want to disapprove something to a friend.

here said:

Well, if you care....Halloween is the major yearly celebration of spiritists, an ancient one. It is the day of memorial of Satan's "war dead", the ones Yahweh decided were fit for destruction by the Great Flood. It is celebrated at approximately the time of year as that Flood. As has been the practice with other pagan holidays, the Catholic Church has adopted/utilized/covered this one as well - calling the hybrid holiday "All Souls Day."

The spiritistic practices, however, continue strongly - in many lands, to varying degrees.

In some places, parents light-heartedly dress their children as Devils. Many adults revel in their own temporary indulgence with spiritism (even though it is God-condemned) as they themselves dress up like witches, zombies, etc. (Meanwhile, those who ARE witches, warlocs, Wiccan, and Satanists hold their ceremonies, sacrifices, and parties in earnest. Some spiritists hold that Halloween is the only day on which the Devil himself can be invoked... [The Bible, however, warns that he actually roams the earth, along with his demons looking for "weak" ones to spiritually devour; in the short time left before Armageddon - 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 12:9,12.]

Mexicans call it the Day of the Dead. Decor includes skulls. Families set out food for dead loved ones, figuring (as other cultures also do that at this time) that their spirits may come back to visit.

The truth, however, is that humans do NOT have immortal souls that simply live on after death. For most people, all hope for future life depends on Yahweh resurrecting them at a future time, to this earth, after Armageddon. (A few still go to heaven immediately after dying to serve as kings and priests there with Jesus, to help rule over the earth - Revelation 5:9,10.) So, since "the dead are conscious of nothing at all" (Ecclesiastes 9:5), and since they cannot respond to the invitations of those living; what can happen, and what does happen, is that instead of being contacted by their dead loved ones, people are contacted by demons who are ready and willing to take advantage of such an opportunity - sometimes even craftily and cruelly disguising themselves as those dead loved ones. Much spiritual, mental, and even physical harm can come from this.

That is why God has always issued strong warnings - has forbidden - that humans try to "contact" the dead. (See Deuteronomy 18:9-12; Galatians 5:20,21)

Druids in Ireland still have their bon [originally bone] fires. It was around these parts, too, that candles made of human fat were burned inside of vegetables such as pumpkins at this time, in hopes of scaring away any hostile spirits of the dead - really, demons. Bonfires and lit jack-o-lanterns are commonly included in people's Halloween celebrations today.

Halloween was also a night for people to walk around inebriated - threatening harm to neighbors if they did not give them hospitality: "Trick or treat."

Another tradition is for people to wear costumes on this night, the thought being that it might help protect them from demons, since their personal identity is somewhat concealed.

Those who are concerned about their relationship with their heavenly Father - who hold that as the most precious thing - share Jehovah/Yahweh's feelings: They "hate what is bad", like he does. (Psalm 97:10) They obey his commands to repudiate spiritism, in all its forms. They also try to warn their "neighbors", their fellow human beings, against being misled by Satan to behave in oppostion to Jehovah/Yahweh; since Armageddon is quickly coming, and all those not obeying God, by justice, will be killed by his heavenly (only) army then. Satan is well aware of that. As before the Great Flood - when the earth was likewise in a state of violence and ruination due to demon activity and unjust compliance to that by man - Satan doesn't care how many human lives are permanently lost at the coming time of destruction; just so long as he can get as many of them as possible to join him in rebellion against the Creator. That way he can mock and hurt the heavenly Father all the more over the disloyalty of those he loved and watched his most precious Son suffer for to try to save. (Proverbs 27:11; John 3:16, plus read the accounts of how Jesus was brutally and viciously abused, humiliated, and finally murdered by those with false spiritual pride like the Devil's.)

Hopefully, this will help change your feelings about wanting to show any support to Satan, the Killer of Mankind and Mocker of God. Some people wear football jerseys of their favorite team or even particular player's # on it to show their liking and support. Even though "horns" are a man-made symbol, since they are popularly understood to be symbolic of Satan, wearing them shows support of him - just like the jerseys...

Some still think its all just a joke - just like the people that mocked Noah before the Flood...

Watch the news...LOOK at the violence, pain, sorrow, distress, starvation, sickness, death, and injustice... The root cause of all of this...right down to watching a friend's body being lowered into a grave...is the trouble Satan the Manslayer and Slanderer of God has started and spread. Do you want to put those horns back on for fun? (You don't have to answer.)

You're saying we can't dress up our kids and make merry on Halloween? I have fond memories of Halloween being the time to meet neighbors, see the inside of neighbors houses, stopping by my Aunties house with my costume on . . . it was very much a fun-loving, theatrical thing--kind of laughing at scary things and stressing the importance of courage.

I thought Christians were NOT to promote controversies out of fear (I don't so much see the guilt?! maybe someone could explain that.)

I think it's more about your heart before God, not so much what type of music you listen to. If you're on your knees before God, your priorities will be aligned correctly. And if you're opening the Bible in a spirit of unworthiness and carefully reading it with your own sinful, broken heart in mind . . . well, you won't end up coming across as self-righteous and be blind to it. It looks like you're trying to prove all sorts of points in a helter skelter type of way to get your point across-- which seems to be that U2 is satanic.

U2 is simply a group of Christians, in the public eye who have a business in the entertainment industry. If they do manage to get people to ask questions and if they do manage to get people to dig deeper--that's great but when you twist what they say and cast it all in a negative light to promote your viewpoint--that really burns my biscuits. How can you take all these little snippets of quotes and string it all together to make them look bad? U2 seems to be geared towards thinking people who think fairly and carefully!

As far as that whole website goes, I would say that NOT being BROKEN before God in real humility is the real culprit. And many kids today don't care about that. All that Apostle Paul focused on was forgetting the past and straining towards knowing Christ . . . he preached Christ crucified. He didn't go off instructing people to be careful of the music they listened to or stay away from certain holidays.

You know, Helter Skelter was a really good song, musically. and every time I listen to it, I don't think of killing people. That is so retarded.

In the video, Bono is quoted as saying that "he lies all the time"--where do you get this stuff?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom