I can't change the world...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok, this is vaguely related to U2 but not strongly, so do forgive me.
smile.gif

If you've read FYM ( http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum11/HTML/001221.html ), you'll probably know that I am applying to join the Peace Corps next year. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time, and the U2 connection of course is that seeing what Bono has been doing in Africa and with Drop the Debt has inspired me to go ahead and take the step to involving myself in some way. In any case, I'm going through the application process right now and still have yet to tell my parents. lol.

So my request is simply this. I am still in a very in-between place spiritually, although I do feel that I am on my way to finding my niche. I'm still a bit cautious about throwing around words and phrases like "pray for me", but that's exactly what I'm about to do. lol. If any of you wouldn't mind remembering me in your thoughts and conversations with God, I would appreciate it. There's a lot on my mind and I'm sure that I will need a lot of mental, emotional, and spiritual help not only while I sort through the options here, but also IF I am accepted and end up serving. Strangely enough, this little group of folks is the ones I feel closest to in terms of an extended spiritual community (I don't have a church at present). So that's why I bring it to you.
smile.gif

Thank you all for your listening and for being a part of this place. I treasure the conversations and discussions we have had and will have in this place and the people that contribute their thoughts and share with us a piece of their souls through their posts.

-sula

sula, I will pray for you. You and I don't agree on everything, but we're both Christians. The Peace Corps is "the toughest job you'll ever love", but if God wants you to join the Peace Corps, he will give you the strength to persevere.
As far as a "niche" is concerned, I've akways found that the best niche in the world is in teh arms of my loving God. That's where we fit in best.

Every little bit of support counts Sula and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I really respect and admire you for making this decision and I hope everything works out for you. There are some really amazing people here and I'm sure you won't be lacking in the prayer department!

I think it's wonderful Sula that you feel the need to help those with greater needs. You will be in my prayers & thoughts. I know that you will make the right decision with the help from The Almighty.

Sula, you are so strong and brave to do this, and I *will* pray for you as well. My brother and his wife/family are missionaries in Russia, and are living an amazing, but difficult, life over there, with which I'm both fascinated and deterred. I know you're a "missions kid" and I have always admired people that can put God's love into action, and live out the Great Commission wholeheartedly! (part of me wishes I could do that...but think I'm just a bit too high maintenance!)
wink.gif

You GO girl...bloom wherever God plants you! Bono would be proud!
biggrin.gif

sula,
I've been away from the board for a few weeks (with my own Big Life Decisions in the works, so I relate!) and I rarely read FYM, so I'm glad I saw this. Girl, it sounds like the wheels are already turning, you already KNOW. It never matters if you're in a comfortable place, as long as you wake up knowing every day it's the RIGHT place. You are so there.
In Unity (my church), they assert that "God only says YES." (Or says nothing at all.) You've heard the "yes," haven't you? then God is with you. So are my prayers.

Deb D

------------------
I wanna walk with you along an unapproved road

the greatest frontman in the world - by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

sula dear, you know you're in my convos already, but I'll give you an extra oomph next time. But about you not having a church at present, I don't have one either (oddly enough it's hard to find a Proto-Catholic church...), but I've been looking around for a good church and I believe I may have found one over in Minneapolis, wanna go with me? Give me a call.

------------------
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.

Sula, you have been such an inspiration to me and helped me out in so many ways, many of which you will never know.

I'm praying for you girl! This is an awesome undertaking and a humongous life decision...and I know how hard it is. But you are an intelligent, caring, wonderful person and I know you will make the right decision and trust in God for all the support you need. And of course, we are always here to back you up, also.

You CAN change the world!

Good luck! (And how's it going, btw?)

Peace (Corps!)

hippy

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 03-29-2002).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom