Help-(Confirmation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonchick

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
My confirmation took place a few months ago. Some of my friends said when they were anointed with chrism they felt something different. Like something going right into them.
But I didnt feel any different. I was happy, but i didn't felt something coming into me, like something descending from heaven right to me.
Is there something wrong with that?I feel like maybe i haven't been a good catholic and that's why i dont feel any different.

Maybe if there other people here who are confirmed you can help me, because i'm very confused.

People get moved by different things. God speaks to people through different means. I personally never felt an awe inspiring moment when being confirmed or communion or most religious traditions. I believe my wedding was the only religious ceremony where I felt anything beyond the normal, but I believe it was because it was catered towards just me and my wife. I've been moved by music, by nature, by certain moments in my life. They may have not taken place within the four walls of the church, but they were of God. Don't worry about it, everyone is different.

This will sound horrible...but after I was confirmed in my church back home, I never set foot back in there. I hated that church. I went through with the classes and the confirmation for all the wrong reasons. I still went to a youth group at a Baptist church and sang in a Presbyterian church choir...but I disliked my Catholic church. I've been living downstate for a few years now, and I have yet to find a church. I'm starting to doubt that I will.

Last edited:
Thank you!
Now I feel better. I go to a catholic achool and everyone says that you feel something weird in your confirmation, but i think i can practice my religion outside church too. I dont like masses and all that.
Thank you so much!:wave:

I was confirmed during an Easter Vigil mass years ago. I was raised a Protestant and converted to Catholicism. It *did* impact me, but.....the church you were raised in doesn't always fit you. I don't think God makes us with cookie cutters and I get annoyed with people who think He does.

I never felt anything when i was confirmed... don't worry, you're not weird. Hell, i can't even remember my confirmation - it was that unimportant to me... and im only 16 so it's not like it was ages ago... though i still see myself as a 'good' catholic/or at least christian... i guess i just don't place a lot of importance on ceremonies and stuff. Don't worry about it, you haven't done anything wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom