Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jamila said:
What I object to is the underlying contention that the idea that Bono is a "believer" means that he subscribes to any evangelical social agenda.

You realize that most of your posts suggest that YOU know Bono's social agenda. Why are you fighting over this?

beli said:
Im an atheist so I dont really care but anyway..... on the atu2 site, on the right hand side where the random quotes appear there is often a quote from Bono stating that he feels just as comfortable in once type of church as another. I forget how it goes. The implication is clear - he does sometimes attend church.

I will save it next time it comes around.

I believe religion or "belief" is in one's heart and soul......I don't believe one must go to a church to find religion or as a house of religion......it is simply a basic structure with a foundation, walls and a roof.... that said I can understand Bono's statement about the varying types of churches, it being *G-d's* House to most. With any celebrity it can be disruptive to any congregation for them to attend services.

Karen

80sU2isBest said:

Careful there - being a conservative Evangelical doesn't necessarily equate to being close-minded.

Sorry about that! I was in a rush and I see I worded that rather badly. Definitely there are many conservative Evangelicals who are wonderfully open-minded, including my own in-laws. For someone to suggest that all Evangelicals are narrow, bigoted people who are not concerned with issues of social justice seems to me, as I said earlier, really offensive. Now that's closed-mindedness!

Back
Top Bottom