Francis Schaeffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have only recently begun to learn about this fascinating man and his writings, thoughts, and quotations, and that he is considered a "latter day C.S. Lewis." I heard about him on a Christian talk show last week when they said, "Francis Schaeffer predicted that our society would become what its become: what is unthinkable today becomes commonplace tomorrow and then acceptable the day after...." (or something like that - I'm sure I've completely misquoted Schaeffer) Anyway, hearing that quote made me kinda shudder, thinking about how things have truly become in the world.

I then read that he and his wife started L'Abri...and didn't our own darling Sula return recently from L'Abri abroad? :yes: Always willing to stretch my brain cells, I definitely want to learn more about this man....

So. The downfall of society as it relates to Francis Schaeffer and Biblical theology/prophesy.

Discuss.

_____

I plan on hitting a bookstore this week to track down some of his books...are some better than others?

Last edited:
Actually, sula is still at L'Abri and just had tea with Schaeffer's daughter yesterday. :D

I would recommend you look at picking up a book called "Francis Schaeffer and C.S. Lewis" as it is well-written and compares both of them in their similarity and differences as Christian apologists of the last century.

As for the discussion question I will have to get back to you. Maybe I will go to formal lunch in a few minutes (where we have discussions every day) and ask it and see what people think.

Back
Top Bottom