drawbacks of Goal is Seoul?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Do you think that by having a separate forum for U2 & spirituality, we alienate non-believers who may be interested but write this off as a purely Christian lounge room?

foray

It's an interesting question. I certainly hope no one is alienated. But I do know that it can be very intimidating sometimes to talk about your faith and about U2 in main forums and be misunderstood by the majority of people. So, I've been very grateful for the creation of this forum as a safe place to be able to delve deeper into some things that you just could not do with people that don't have any interest in faith.

So far most of the people that spend time here seem to consider themselves spiritual people, some claiming Christianity, some not. And I like that mix. I've learned quite a lot from others so far. The way I see it is...there are no restrictions on what you have to believe or not believe to get involved here. By having the forum separate tho, it means that people that end up here probably WANT to be here.

Anyways, my $.02 for what it's worth.
smile.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
It's an interesting question. I certainly hope no one is alienated. But I do know that it can be very intimidating sometimes to talk about your faith and about U2 in main forums and be misunderstood by the majority of people. So, I've been very grateful for the creation of this forum as a safe place to be able to delve deeper into some things that you just could not do with people that don't have any interest in faith.

I agree, sula. It's been very nice to have a forum where I can share things like I have been sharing. Some very very personal things have been said by many people in this forum and I think that has made it a wonderful atmosphere in here! I know I enjoy reading what everyone has to say.

As for non-Christian people not coming here, I guess that it might be a bit of a deterrent to some, but sula's right in the fact also that the people who are here want to be here. I know of a few people who come here all the time and lurk, but haven't posted yet. And those people are either non-Christians, or have been going through crises of faith recently. So I'm very much in support of this separate forum and I have a feeling that as more people get a chance to explore the board they will come and at least check it out, regardless of whether they participate or not.

peace, hippy

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

As a non-Christian who lurks here now and again, I find this forum very supportive and open. The other forums for debate are just that, where this one is for discussion and insight.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

I must admit I was a bit leery of a forum with open access given personal feelings of sharing my spirituality, but so far so good. I don't think it's been too intimidating so far. I know some nonpracticing people that are very spiritual and vice versa...so...I'm pleased to be here so far!!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

I was thinking very hard how to respond to this, because the idea here is that we want to make people feel comfortable to discuss ideas...while the subject is by definition Christianity because that's the spirituality U2 follows. Finally I referred to my bible to let God answer through his Holy Spirit...this is the page I opened to (Isaiah 16:1-5):

They have sent lambs to the ruler of the land;
from Sela, by way of the desert, to the mount of the daughter of Zion.
Like fluttering birds, like scattering nestlings,
so are the daughters of Moab at the fords of the Arnon.
"Give counsel, grant justice;
make your shade like night at the height of noon;
hide the outcasts, betray not the fugitive;
let the outcasts of Moab sojourn among you;
be a refuge to them from the destroyer.
When the oppressor is no more, and he who tramples under foot has vanished from the land, then a throne will be established in steadfast love and on it will sit in faithfulness in the tent of David one who judges and seeks justice and is swift to do righteousness."

I am no bible scholar, but I think this is an important passage about the coming of Jesus Christ.

I hope that doesn't throw anyone. Just had to write that one down!

Please feel welcome here, I'm Christian and many others are, some aren't, it's for all to explore spiritual questions.

Back
Top Bottom