Do you ever just feel empty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(((hugs Lilly))) ALL the time, girl. It's a constant struggle, it's part of being human. But it's important to make time for God, because that's when we get refreshed, replenished, renewed and 're-armored' for the day. Not to mention that only God truly understands us when we sometimes feel the world doesn't. The 'enemy' exerts a lot of energy trying to keep your life fully of BUSY-ness to distract you from your time with God. Don't let him!
smile.gif

You know, we needn't always be so conscious of our "spirituality" ... if we simply remember Spirit in our day-to-day-ness. Through a particularly difficult patch a few years ago, I started every work day with this prayer, like a mantra: I see nothing but through your eyes, I hear nothing but through Your ears, I know nothing but with Your heart. Even though it would leave my conscious mind through much of my shift, I really think that moment of fully-conscious surrender opened a door -- the subconscious mind holds that invitation open to Christ, and He moves beside you throughout your day.
'Cause the truth is, God is AT the prom, and God is speaking in your exams, all of it is a dance with God. We don't have to be doing explicitly "spiritual" things to be in conversation with Him, you know? And I suspect, Lilly, from all you've shared of yourself here on Feedback, that God is never truly far from your heart. Forgive the presumption, but ... I kinda doubt He feels "cheated." May your faith make you whole...

blessings & illuminations to you, Ant, on your journey.

Deb D

------------------
I wanna walk with you along an unapproved road

the greatest frontman in the world - by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Sometimes I really am in tune with my spirituality. I can tell because I feel so whole, like I'm a complete person. But sometimes, like now, I get so bogged down with everything (prom, AP tests, school work in general, work) that my working on my spirituality gets pushed to the back burner. I feel like I'm totally cheating God on this. Does anyone else do this?

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

When things go wrong for me in life I feel all alone from God. But I think this is His way to to bring us closer to Him in our trials & sufferings. So yes I do feel empty at times, but I am just starting to rely on God to help me through the bad times.

yeah Lilly I get it all the time too. I think it has to do with being in high school at the age we're at because face it: for the majority, regardless of their true feelings, God just isn't cool. It's nobody's fault really, or maybe everybody's, I'm not sure, but it's an attitude that rubs off on all of us as we run around all day, too busy to think of anything but the millions of useless little things we have to do. I don't go to Church Sunday mornings because it's the one day a week I don't have to get up at 4:45, and then if that isn't bad enough I often skip the night service (a casual service) because I have to much homework that I've been postponing all week-end just because I'm too mentally worn down to think about doing it.

Excuses aside, there is an old saying that if you make time for God, He will make sure there's time for you. Take that whatever way you want, but I have found it to be true (doesn't mean I'm good and follow it all the time) but sometimes if we just let God into our lives it can be a calming enough influence that we can work more efficiently and need less time to do our seemingly-impossible workload. And it doesn't even have to be Church, although that is sometimes the easiest route, it can be whatever way we find to communicate with God, through praying, taking a quiet walk, sitting in the grass and listening to the birds chirping as the sun sets, just basically getting in touch with the fact that we are really just a small piece of something in some grander scheme.

But yes, before I write a scary essay on you, I understand this feeling and have it quite often, and it's not nice because I know if I just opened myself up a bit more, it would go away. And another thing...sometimes doing stuff that you don't get any real reward for, besides the satisfaction of helping someone, can be incredibly spiritually-filling. For me it's working with homeless animals but there are so many ways and you'd think you'd come out tired, but the strange thing is you end up feeling so refreshed when you've done something like that. Anyway, I hope that helps a little, you prolly already know most of what I said, but at least we're experiencing the same thing and aren't alone
smile.gif

------------------
tomorrow's just an excuse away
so I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own...

i wish i never believed in God, in short sometimes i wish i...was...a...atheist
i donno, sometimes i think life would be alot easier, its damn hard to believe... i donno.
its weird its like i can't prey anymore. i went to a church this weekend (something i haven't done forever) to see if i would 'feel' anything.... but, sadly, nothing.
all i can say is..... life is hard, and even w/ God it doesn't seem much better
frown.gif

....maybe its just me, maybe i'm just a jaded fool. . .

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks Coach P]

Of course, we all go through it, Lilly. I think I'm a better person during tragedy than the good times, actually, because it's so easy to get complacent. I loathe complacency in others and more in myself.

When I was at your level in school, I got really stressed during exam time, but continued going to church and youth groups because I felt I needed the strength from there. 'Honour God and He will honour you'. But then again, there's also the contemporary adage, 'I trust God, but I still have to study'.

Take a few quiet moments to say sorry to the Lord and renew your relationship with Him. Take care,

foray

"Smile Again"
Kirk Franklin

Tell me how you feel when you're all alone no one to say I love you and you feel all your hope is gone
Try to call your best friend. But he's not there, so you wind up feeling empty like no one cares

My brother don't you worry storms don't last always
There's a man from glory full of mercy and grace

He'll pick you up he'll hold your hand he'll ease your pain
so you can smile again good God Almighty

Tell me how you feel when you're all alone
No one to say I love you and you feel all your hope is gone
Try to call your best friend but he's not there
So you wind up feeling empty like no one cares

My brother don't you worry storms don't last always
There's a man from glory full of mercy and grace

Keep your head up smile again
keep your head up smile again